Page 68 of 102 FirstFirst ... 18 58 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1526

Thread: Dallas Stars

Default Re: Dallas Stars

Stars just moved Ritchie to their AHL affiliate. Making room for an incoming goalie perhaps?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Wizard

Not sure. He was up due to injuries, and Moen is close to returning. Kind of surprised with the move to send him back with the possibility of a suspension coming for Roussel. But I guess they're pretty confident Rous won't miss any time.

As far as any hints that a trade is imminent, Sean Shapiro reported that Texas didn't hold anybody out of practice today. Full participation from everybody that was able to go. So there's no tipoff from that end.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Not sure. He was up due to injuries, and Moen is close to returning. Kind of surprised with the move to send him back with the possibility of a suspension coming for Roussel. But I guess they're pretty confident Rous won't miss any time.

As far as any hints that a trade is imminent, Sean Shapiro reported that Texas didn't hold anybody out of practice today. Full participation from everybody that was able to go. So there's no tipoff from that end.
    [sigh]...you can tell I am going to be a raging mess by 3pm on March 2nd.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Wizard

How can they be confident Roussel won't get suspended? I guess he can be just as easily recalled if Roussel does get suspended. The Stars don't play again until Friday.

By the way, I heard a rumour about the Stars being very serious about Enroth.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    How can they be confident Roussel won't get suspended? I guess he can be just as easily recalled if Roussel does get suspended. The Stars don't play again until Friday.

By the way, I heard a rumour about the Stars being very serious about Enroth.
    I don't know that they are, but if they were seriously worried I would have thought they would keep him up. Texas doesn't play again until Friday as well so this return to Cedar Park isn't going to net Ritchie any more playing time right away.

The more I think about this Enroth deal the more convinced I become that it will happen. Think about it, he made one hell of an impression on the Stars with that performance the other night. 40 some odd saves behind an abysmal defense, worse even than ours at times, against the second highest scoring team in the league based on GF/gm. Our backups get lit up by some of the worst offenses in the league, that had to open some eyes.

As far as the Ruff/Enroth personal issues, that may be overblown. Ruff and Spezza have buried the hatchet over their incident a few years back. Nill is not only a deal-maker, he's a bit of a peacemaker. He could help facilitate a truce between Ruff and Enroth if there is any personal rancor.

Dobber Sports Guru

I don't know that they are, but if they were seriously worried I would have thought they would keep him up. Texas doesn't play again until Friday as well so this return to Cedar Park isn't going to net Ritchie any more playing time right away.
    Could it be a cap thing? I'm guessing he doesn't have to clear waivers. Send him down for a few days, save some money. I think some teams do that a few times a year to build a little bit extra cap.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    Could it be a cap thing? I'm guessing he doesn't have to clear waivers. Send him down for a few days, save some money. I think some teams do that a few times a year to build a little bit extra cap.
    Maybe. But I would bet on Roussel getting suspended, given that this is his 2nd hearing in 2 months. He got a fine the first time. 2 games is my guess.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Enroth to Dallas done. No word on return. Started a new thread to discuss.

Dobber Sports Wizard

My gut says one piece is Oleksiak. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Enroth to Dallas done. No word on return. Started a new thread to discuss.
    Bobby Mac says it's so...
    @SmittysRant

Naw. Lindback and a conditional 3rd. Keep up NWO this is your thread

Dobber Sports Wizard

I just love love love this from our end. We give up nothing of value to roll the dice on Enroth. The odds that that 3rd rounder will amount to a difference maker is slim to none. Lindback was gone after this season anyway. And I said it earlier, I think Enroth makes a good backup and then a bridge while Dallas continues to work on building up the goalie pipeline.

I just love love love this from our end. We give up nothing of value to roll the dice on Enroth. The odds that that 3rd rounder will amount to a difference maker is slim to none. Lindback was gone after this season anyway. And I said it earlier, I think Enroth makes a good backup and then a bridge while Dallas continues to work on building up the goalie pipeline.
    Checks Checks Checks.....

Benn was drafted in the 4th round.

Good to go

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Checks Checks Checks.....

Benn was drafted in the 4th round.

Good to go
    Safe to say he's a bit of an outlier. Klingberg was another mid-to-late pick, and Dallas has done well with those picks. In the end though the return here is well worth the risk me thinks.

Dobber Sports Wizard

And I must say this trade came along at a good time. I was about to unload a massive rant on Adam Proteau's headline trolling of Benn yesterday. Moving on from that two-bit hack POS.

Actually the timing could have been a bit better. Last night was my night off during the week, I have to go back to work tonight. Would have loved to stay and talk this trade to death all night.