Page 66 of 102 FirstFirst ... 16 56 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Stars

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Dallas Stars

Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well ffff..........

Dobber Sports Wizard

I just wonder how many new and inventive ways Kari is going to find to rip our hearts out. He never could come up with the one big save to pull that win out. Avs fans will scream bloody murder, but the Stars were by far and away the better team, and yet again Kari let the side down. The Stars dominated that game aside from a couple of attempts by Colorado to pushback.

The O'Reilly goal was a team letdown. You would think after having so many games at home the Stars would have figured out how to play these springy new boards that were installed over the offseason. But that's not the first one that's gotten past Kari because they misplayed the rebound off the endboards and it's come right to an opposing player who quickly buries it.

That's the only one that you can lay much, if any, blame anywhere other than at Kari's feet. I mean damnit Roussel scores and all Kari has to do is get one save, just one. And he allows not only the answering goal, but three more in a row afterwards. The skaters did their part trying to set him up for that one save to win it. Instead he choked it away everytime.

Dobber Sports Wizard

It probably goes without saying, but if you love firewagon hockey tonight's game ought to be just what your looking for. I'll admit I'm kind of cringing inside....but here's hoping. Kari is going to have to turn in a vintage Kari performance to keep us in this one.

- Travis Moen was placed on IR retroactive to Jan.31, for an undisclosed LBI. Brett Ritchie was called up but so far nothing in the media about whether or not he'll draw in and if so on what line. My guess, if he does play it will be with Fiddler and Horcoff, a line he played well on during his first call up. I think Ruff is happy enough with Eaves play alongside Benn and Seguin that he doesn't break that line up to put Ritchie back there. That said anything is possible.

- With this whole Evander Kane soap opera and the talk of where he could wind up if he's dealt out of Winnipeg, I'll say this, I hope to god it's not here. The Stars have no need for a guy with attitude issues like that. Heck we're second in the league in scoring so forward play hasn't been an issue. We need defense and goaltending wayyyy more than we need a forward, especially one who's mostly a moody, petulant child, albeit with some upside. By all indications we have a tight knit, cohesive locker room. No need to add a poisonous personality to eke out a bit more offense.

Jim Nill has indicated that he's happy with the group of forwards we have, both in Dallas and Cedar Park, so I really don't see him getting in on any potential talks with Winnipeg. Plus there's the whole division dynamic involved, would Nill want to trade within the division, would Chevy? Doubtful. If the Stars did make a move to add a forward I would look for it to be more of a depth add than a major piece.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    I just wonder how many new and inventive ways Kari is going to find to rip our hearts out. He never could come up with the one big save to pull that win out. Avs fans will scream bloody murder, but the Stars were by far and away the better team, and yet again Kari let the side down. The Stars dominated that game aside from a couple of attempts by Colorado to pushback.
    I don't know about you, but I found the decision by Ruff for the Stars to go first in the shootout to be rather dubious at best. And sadly, I was proven correct.

This is a team somewhat adept at clutch goals, but not clutch saves.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    I don't know about you, but I found the decision by Ruff for the Stars to go first in the shootout to be rather dubious at best. And sadly, I was proven correct.

This is a team somewhat adept at clutch goals, but not clutch saves.
    Hopefully he was taking copious notes on Kari there. Heck we just need to avoid OT period. The Stars are a woeful 2-8 in games that make it to OT.

It's obvious the weak link has been Kari. Yeah some of the OT games have come down to cringe worthy defensive breakdowns, but once it gets to that do or die time, you've got to have a goalie who can take the game on his back regardless of the play in front of him.

Sadly we don't have that right now. And as Kari is on the wrong side of 30 you can't help having a nagging little voice in the back of your head asking "Are we witnessing the beginning of the downhill slide?". We have to hope not because there isn't much, if anything, in the pipeline at the moment. And the Stars are stuck with that inflated contract for another 3 years. I'd really love to see Nill make a major push at LA for Martin Jones. I think he'd be a good fit, and with just a bit more development could push Kari for that starting job.

Campbell, I have some serious doubts about him at the moment. Sure he's young enough that there's still time to turn it around, and he did look great in the very limited action he saw last year. But that's the thing, it was only 16 games. We can only speculate on what might have happened if he had played a full season's worth. We'll never know, and his numbers this season have been horrible. He has failed at every turn to knock off the likes of Lindback and Rynnas for that number 1 spot. You would love to see your heir apparent grab the opportunity by the throat but he hasn't been close.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Pssst!!! Hey you guys might want to pay closer attention to #91 in white....he's kinda good.

And Kari could you please quite letting soft goals in on your short side. T'would be helpful.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Outside of Seguin line this has been pretty.....meh at best, ugly at worst. They seem to be playing more like lucky fans who got some seriously awesome seats down front, like best seats ever, that kind of down front.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Pssst!!! Hey you guys might want to pay closer attention to #91 in white....he's kinda good.

And Kari could you please quite letting soft goals in on your short side. T'would be helpful.
    Took a solid -3 on that softie (also have Eaves to fillin for an IR'd Lehtera)

Dobber Sports Wizard

Eye, aye, Captain....

....but it wasn't a high-sticking penalty because the refs "didn't see it".

Meh, I saw the play. He lifted the Tampa player's stick into his face. Didn't really seem like a penalty to me. It bothers me so much that that dude doesn't wear a visor.

That patience/shot by Klingberg was uh....It was pretty ok.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Meh, I saw the play. He lifted the Tampa player's stick into his face. Didn't really seem like a penalty to me. It bothers me so much that that dude doesn't wear a visor.
    I think the visor issue may get solved by the team. It's starting in Cedar Park with mandatory use of 'shot blockers'. I'm thinking that's a trial run and if successful it'll come north. And then I think it will spread to other safety equipment. Speculation on my part.

And while I fart around typing this this has become a game again.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    That patience/shot by Klingberg was uh....It was pretty ok.
    That was sweet. Man I tell ya, once he gets this hockey thing figured out.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Kari left the net wide open and got beat....well I never heard of such.....