Page 43 of 102 FirstFirst ... 33 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 53 93 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Stars

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Dallas Stars

Quote Originally Posted by mister_mcgoo View Post
    Simmer down nah
    I know, I know. It just popped into my head and I had to get down paper, so to speak, to get it out of there. I may need a cold shower now....

It's times like this that make me wish I had another rabid hockey fan to talk to face to face. Never would have had to resort to typing this out to regain perspective.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thanks for drawing my attention to Klingberg. I ended up picking him up in one of my dynasty leagues. After checking his AHL stats this year, I think he's definitely got a shot at being an offensive player at the NHL level. Nice to get opinions from people who follow him more closely than I do.

Dobber Sports Stud

I hope Brokeback starts tonight..

Dobber Sports Guru

So what's going on with Jamie Benn? Just two points in his last eight games (before tonight). Is it just bad luck, or is there something else going on there?

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Wizard

According to Mike Heika this is what the Stars lines and D pairings may, stress may, look like tonight...

Jamie Benn-Cody Eakin-Tyler Seguin

Erik Cole-Jason Spezza-Ales Hemsky

Antoine Roussel-Vernon Fiddler-Colton Sceviour

Curtis McKenzie-Shawn Horcoff-Travis Moen

Alex Goligoski-Trevor Daley

Brenden Dillon-John Klingberg

Jordie Benn-Jamie Oleksiak

Ryan Garbutt is out with an upper body injury so naturally the Eakin line is impacted, but to split up the remaining two-thirds of arguably the most consistent line seems odd. From what I've read Ruff and company were pleased with the way Hemsky played alongside Benn and Seguin even though Hemsky remains pointless literally and figuratively. So if that is how they felt then why change after just one game?

I've said it and I'll keep saying it, if Ruff wants to get lines going he's got to be more patient and let them develop some chemistry together. This constant juggling act after every game doesn't accomplish that and in fact I believe it's a contributing factor to their struggles. It's not the only factor, or even the main one, but it is part of the problem. Give it a couple of games before shaking things up.

Dobber Sports Padawan

that doesn't sound as bad as Paul McLean who seems to juggle his lines through the game at the first sign of trouble. It seems really counter-intuitive, if you believe in chemistry, to just assume it'll happen automatically and organically the second 3 guys are together, vs. giving it time to develop. in other words, i agree w u.
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Wizard

Mark Stepneski tweeted the lines and D pairings from warmups and it's as Heika speculated might happen. We'll see how this goes but I have my doubts that it'll be all that revelatory. And how many conclusions can you draw about these changes one way or the other when your opponent is the Canes?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Some interesting tidbits on the pre-game here. First off they noted that this is the fifth double-digit goal drought for Jamie Benn, his longest being a 13 game stretch. The graphic came and went too fast for me to catch every detail, suffice to say it's frustrating for all parties but hardly something new for Jamie.

The other factoid was that the Stars have been outscored 18-4 in the third period on home ice. Sequin, Benn, Goli, Hemsky, Eakin all without a third period goal at home this season. Hemsky is no shock at all, Goli only mildly surprising, but Sequin and Benn is stunning.

And as I type this the goal drought ends for the Captain.....

Dobber Sports Wizard

Dobber Sports Wizard

Jordie Benn is not an NHL player.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Wizard

As Daryl Reaugh said if one bad thing happens two or three more bad things happen bang bang right on top of it. This team has some major issues to address and a lot of it is mental.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Three goals against in just 6 minutes and it's the Canes...the Canes. And to top it off the Canes have had Dallas back on their heels way too often.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Dobber Sports Star

Man I really needed that Dallas win...

Dobber Sports Wizard

Eight goals total against in two of the last three periods. Oh and of course we're down two so when we finally get a power play let's throw Vern Fiddler out there as the fourth forward.