Page 35 of 102 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 45 85 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Stars

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Dallas Stars

This is shaping up as Nashville x3. Too many penalties, turnovers, and no answer for an aggressive forecheck. The PK is leaving so many open prime passing lanes. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

Dobber Sports Wizard

They looked better but still getting outplayed here. I'm seeing the timing is still not there on the passes. Lots of over-skating the puck, passes hitting the skates, or just in front or behind. One thing I've noticed is they seem a little slow to get the play moving up ice, there's a hesitation before the pass which if the can get the pass up ice faster they have shown they can get behind the clog in the neutral zone. But then that's where the missed timing on the passes is killing them especially in the attacking zone.

Overall a better showing than the first.

Dobber Sports Wizard

As if the Pens talent isn't enough now they get away with tripping and then an interference call. Hometown calls for you.

Anyway Benn with the emphatic **** you I dare you to wave that one off answer goal.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Seguin Baby!!! Wow!!!! What a great show of character from the whole team that last couple of minutes.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

didnt watch the game but that boxscore looked insane. crosby trips benn with 10 seconds left, seguin scores 7 seconds later. the pens crowd must have been booing nonstop im guessing

Dobber Sports Genius

Seguin and Benn...at it again.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    Seguin Baby!!! Wow!!!! What a great show of character from the whole team that last couple of minutes.
    not just the last few minutes. It was pretty amazing that they recovered from that first period.

RETIRED

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    didnt watch the game but that boxscore looked insane. crosby trips benn with 10 seconds left, seguin scores 7 seconds later. the pens crowd must have been booing nonstop im guessing
    I have no idea....I was too busy screaming my ownself.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I have no idea....I was too busy screaming my ownself.
    That was enjoyable.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Instant Karma View Post
    not just the last few minutes. It was pretty amazing that they recovered from that first period.
    They really turned it around period by period, but from that waved off goal on it was green fury.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Now that I've had a couple of beers and wound down a few thoughts on the big win in Pittsburgh.

- Safe to say whatever was said between periods by Ruff got their attention. It really showed up in the third. During the first two games you really saw the guys falter in the late stages, but that started changing in Columbus. That makes two games in a row where they faced adversity and battled back. Tonight's first period could have easily seen the Stars go turtle and say let's just get out of here and try again. A couple of years ago that's exactly what would have happened. Gaglardi, Lites, Nill, Ruff and the rest have created the environment where that attitude won't fly anymore.

Mark my words tonight could very well be the watershed moment for this season.

- I just wonder how many gallons of paint it's going to take to repair the visiting locker room after what I'm sure was a real paint stripper of a speech at first intermission.

- There is one issue that still needs a lot of work though. Hustle to loose pucks. That's an area that at times the Stars are woefully bad at. And it's not like it's just one guilty party. Your seeing it in both zones, allowing extra chances against Kari, and also negating second and third chances in the attacking zone.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hey guys, I haven't seen a Stars game and probably won't so wondering if my guy Hemsky is getting chances or is struggling. I believe he got less PP time than normal last nite so is he in the doghouse? Also, I saw Goli on the first-unit PP for game-winner. Is he now the guy vs. Daley as first choice?
    Non-keeper 11-team auction league with 5 active forwards, two D. Points only (G=1, A=1)

The world does not judge actions on their own merit, but on their chance results, and they consider that only those actions which are blessed with a happy outcome have been undertaken with sound advice and reason
    -- Boethius

Dobber Sports Ninja

Man, what a thriller last night.

I thought it was going to be a shit show after those first two early goals, but the Stars really turned on the jets at the end there.

I'm really excited about this Stars team this season... mostly because I own Lehtonen in my cash pool... but they've got the potential to do some real damage. Let's hope their defense holds up and they develop some consistency and work ethic like the hawks/sharks etc.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by larrylintz View Post
    Hey guys, I haven't seen a Stars game and probably won't so wondering if my guy Hemsky is getting chances or is struggling. I believe he got less PP time than normal last nite so is he in the doghouse? Also, I saw Goli on the first-unit PP for game-winner. Is he now the guy vs. Daley as first choice?
    I don't know that Hemsky is in the doghouse per se, but Ruff started juggling lines after that first period disaster. Right now no other line is really clicking and producing other than Benn and Seguin. He had Hemsky lined up with Fiddler and Roussel when Roussel scored the first goal. For now I'd watch Mike Heika and Mark Stepneski's twitter feeds and see what Ruff does as far as line juggling. He needs to find more combos that will develop some chemistry and add to the attack.

Based on last night Goli appears to have taken over as the man on PP1. However I would stress the word appears. Ruff hasn't committed too much to either one at this point, and Seguin's game winner was only the second PP goal for the season. I think we're still a ways off from seeing Daley or Goli put a stranglehold on the job. The spot may continue to flip flop game to game and with each PP opportunity. I think right now he's just riding the hot hand while he sorts this out. Heck Eakin even drew in as a forward on PP1 at one point if my eyes didn't deceive me.

Dobber Sports Deity

I don't know that Hemsky is in the doghouse per se, but Ruff started juggling lines after that first period disaster. Right now no other line is really clicking and producing other than Benn and Seguin. He had Hemsky lined up with Fiddler and Roussel when Roussel scored the first goal. For now I'd watch Mike Heika and Mark Stepneski's twitter feeds and see what Ruff does as far as line juggling. He needs to find more combos that will develop some chemistry and add to the attack.

Based on last night Goli appears to have taken over as the man on PP1. However I would stress the word appears. Ruff hasn't committed too much to either one at this point, and Seguin's game winner was only the second PP goal for the season. I think we're still a ways off from seeing Daley or Goli put a stranglehold on the job. The spot may continue to flip flop game to game and with each PP opportunity. I think right now he's just riding the hot hand while he sorts this out. Heck Eakin even drew in as a forward on PP1 at one point if my eyes didn't deceive me.
    There was rumors that Eakin was going to line up on the wing with Seguin and Benn last game so the fact he was on PP1 doesn't surprise me at all.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."