25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rinne

18 72.00%
  • Rask

7 28.00%

Thread: rask vs rinne

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default rask vs rinne

who would you rather own in a dynasty full keeper. I own rask now, there is a deal tabled that has rinne coming back to me.

after suter on the move tho and nsh shot seems to be fading at a title (not gone by far but not looking as good as they were)

i am inclined to say rask is the better goalie, he is valuing rinne more then rask, but is that accurate? what i mean is can you clearly say rinne is worth more then rask is in the next 3YP. I think rask has the win due to a strong team that is only going to get better infront of him.
    12 team h2h keep 5 + 1 goalie
    *2012-2013 & 2013-2014 Champ
    G A PIM +/- hits SOG PPP
    c-Tavares, Mackinnon Eichel
    rw-Seguin, Tarasenko
    d-Josi
    g-Schneider

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am in the same predicament as i own both in a keeper pool and may look to move one for an upgrade else where. my pool has salary too and rinnes just got a huge raise. back to point though, Nashville is a great coached and managed team. but they lost a franchise defenseman, imagine if they lost Weber. It is hard replacing one franchise defenseman, imagine replacing two? If weber signs a long term deal. Then favor would be for rinne as he has no backup fighting for contention and weber is still in town running the show. They have a great pipeline of defenseman coming through including josi blum and ellis. BUT, if weber is traded or signs a one year deal, then i would go in favor of rask. The thing about rask is that we dont know how much he is going to play yet. He has Khudobin knocking at the door, and if rask slips once, then Khudobin could get a string of starts. I definetly see a 50-30 split between the two for next season whereas Rinne will play 70. NEXT year Rinne, after that if Rask plays well and Weber leaves then RASK, but if not then Rinne all the way.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Give me Rinne everyday and twice on Sunday. Look at the history of Nashville. Suter and Weber are good, but Nashville always loses players and they come back strong. Timonen, Zidlicky, Franson, Parent, Hamhuis ect ect. Thats just the d. Look at forwards, Radulov, Kariya, Arnott, Sullivan ect ect. They play a system and play as a team. Rask is no different than Schnieder, Bernier or Lindback. They have played well in a limited roll but have never proven themselves as the go to guy.

Dobber Sports Stud

Rinne without question. My only reason to take Rask would be if I were in a salary cap league and needed the cap to make a push for a win now and I had another good starter. Other wise, Rinne every time.

Rask is good but remember, he only has had limited time to prove his real worth. Remember Steve Mason......
    Two Stroke Hockey League - Points only, full keeper
    Capwise Full Keeper H2H Roto Leagues: East Coast Fantasy League,
    Icey Cups Fantasy Hockey League - H2H Points, Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Stud

I will also add that while Suter and Weber do help Rinne, their defensive cupboards are far from bare and they have a more defensive system than Boston.
    Two Stroke Hockey League - Points only, full keeper
    Capwise Full Keeper H2H Roto Leagues: East Coast Fantasy League,
    Icey Cups Fantasy Hockey League - H2H Points, Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oh god, given my high propensity for completely ****ing myself in goalie threads I tried to avoid this one but here gooooes...

I'd take Rinne. I think one could make a good argument for Rask...but to me Rinne has already proven himself to be a workhorse starter...and while some may think that I'm putting too much stock into this, I like the fact that Rinne is always well-composed, as opposed to Rask who has been, up until this point, a bit of a nutcase at times.

Something to keep in mind (and sorry if someone already mentioned this), is your league counts saves. Rinne plays a of games and was ranked first in saves last year..an improvement from seventh the year before. I think Rinne will consistently be top 5 in saves..and considering the way the Preds play the game I think his ratios will still be pretty solid.

thanks everyone, now i can counter and have an outside view in, rask is a goalie i like and own in every league im in lol so variety would be nice i guess.

and bondon, yes we count saves, now that you bring that stat up i am on board the rinne train... with him quick and schneider how can i not win goaltending each week :P (let's hope i dont experience the how)
    G A PIM +/- hits SOG PPP
    rw-Seguin, Tarasenko
    d-Josi
    g-Schneider

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Not a chance I would move Rask + for Rinne - maybe straight-up but you are sitting on a 2 category lock in GAA and SV% already. Nashville had a total of 2553 shots against last season while Boston had 2441 - that's about 1.3 shots against for Nashville. Look at Quick and Schneider's win % - sure Rask wasn't real strong there but that will change. You have 3 superb starters in a 10 team league - why would you pay a premium to get Rinne?

Dobber Sports Ace

Rinne any days of the week take the proven goalie RINNE is a top 3 goalie for year to come he is 6`5, he is the 2nd most atletik after Quick and I don't think he need Weber and Sutter to make save.
    10teams H2H keep 12 dress 3C,3LW,3RW,6D,2G,2uti+4bench
    G,A,PIM,PPP,SOG,HIT,BS,W,L,GAA,SV%
    C:GETZ,Pavelski,Rakell,Brassard
    RW:P.Kane,Tarasenko,Wheeler,Silfverberg,Brown
    LW:Paciorety,Mantha,Panik,Namestnikov
    D:OEL,Burns,Josi,BUFF,E.Johnson,Sergachev,Mcavoy
    G:Holtby,Dubnyk,Budaj

Dobber Sports Ninja

Depends what the deal is, but on a one-to-one basis, Rinne over Rask easily... especially in your format where workhorse goalies who see a lot of rubber are tops.

Let's not forget the most games Rask has ever played in a season is 45... hard to say how well he holds up for 70+ games.

thanks for the input guys, trade fell thru, it was basically

sid
    rask
    X

for

Malkin
    Rinne
    X

however i asked for malkin he countered with kane. he is looking for center depth so am i(well one more solid center behind couturier, tavares, kopitar, crosby).

so if im giving up sid i said i need malkin in return he said he hoped rinne for rask would offset this, i said no way, especially when im riding schneider, quick, rask, im easily the deepest at goalie in my league now, so rinne would have just been a want, not a need and certainly not for loosing sid and no malkin in return. If say i had quick, bernier, brodeur that trade might make some more sense if he asked for bernier back. overall just a low ball crosby offer and didnt like the counter.
    G A PIM +/- hits SOG PPP
    rw-Seguin, Tarasenko
    d-Josi
    g-Schneider