Thread: Kipper

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Kipper

I've owned him in my keeper points only league (11 teams - 20 players, keep any 12) for a couple of years and his consistency has impressed me even with a mediocre Flames team...

Question is: Calgary seems to be heading straight into a wall, when does Kipper's numbers start to fall, if ever they do?

The logic would say to keep him as we only have 2 goalers/team. I've got a strong 1-2 punch with Rinne and I believe I've got a decent shot to the title the next 2-3 years. But the idea to trade him while his value is still relativaly good or hold his keeper spot for a younger asset is tempting...

Thanks for the input, fellow GM's.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wow, never heard Kiprusoff called a consistent guy and I was ready to jump all over this but then I realized your league is points only so I'm assuming you only count W and SO.
    (As far as %s go I can't stand Kiprusoff. Way too hit/miss for my tastes..some years he posts incredible percentages and some years he just ruins them).

Kiprusoff has another two years left on his contract, and I'd assume him to be an adequate enough goaltender for those remaining two years. The bonus for Kiprusoff is that he tends to start a lot of games...with the emergence of Irving though I think we may begin to see Kiprusoff scale back a bit into the 60s in terms of games started which will probably hurt him given your scoring settings.

I would expect much of the same though, 35-40 wins with a handful of shutouts.

Dobber Sports Giant

he will continue to do as well as he has the last few seasons imo.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Kipper is a top 10 goalie in your format and should be so for a couple more seasons, so keeping him makes sense. But I would try and draft Lindback this season for your bench - he might well be the young replacement you are looking for.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    but then I realized your league is points only so I'm assuming you only count W and SO.
    Exactly, 2 points for a win, extra 2 points for a SO. 1 point for loss in overtime or shootout. If I recall correctly, 5-6 goalies were in the top 10 pointers in our pool, Rinne being number 1. My first instinct has been to keep him and ride the wave while it's lasting.

Shoeless: yep Lindback has been on my radar even when he was behind Rinne... I'll see if I can snatch him on waivers next season, as we're only allowed 2 goalies to start the season.
    Last edited by rufio.85; July 17, 2012 at 12:04 PM.