Thread: [Speculation] Return of the Dominator

Dobber Sports Pro

Default [Speculation] Return of the Dominator

Per Rotoworld:

Dominik Hasek - G - Red Wings

Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier confirmed reports that he was approached by Ritch Winter, the agent for Dominik Hasek, about the 47-year-old ex-Sabres stalwart making a return to the NHL in Buffalo.
    Hasek, who last played in the NHL for Detroit in 2008, was out of hockey last season after playing in the KHL during the 2010-11 campaign. Regier said he and coach Lindy Ruff twice met with Hasek in the last month in First Niagara Center but told the team's former star goaltender they were going to stay with Ryan Miller and Jhonas Enroth in net.
    Source: Buffalo News
    Jul 15 - 10:35 AM

Dominik Hasek - G - Red Wings

At 47, Dominik Hasek will be making a comeback in the National Hockey League, according to his agent.
    "He will play," Ritch Winter said. "There is no option. He will play and he will excel and he will do all of the things he can do. That’s his view of it. There’s one objective, and that’s it — he won’t fail." Hasek retired in 2008 after the Red Wings' Stanley Cup run in which he lost his starting goaltending job to Chris Osgood in the first round. He started 40 games that season, holding a save percentage of .902. He also played for the Red Wings from 2001-04, winning the Cup in 2002, and starred in Buffalo from 1992-2001. He is a six-time Vezina Trophy winner as the NHL's best goaltender and won the MVP award in 1997 and 1998. But neither the Wings nor the Sabres want him back. Could he be going to the Maple Leafs?
    Source: Detroit Free Press
    Jul 15 - 11:26 AM

Will anyone be willing to take a chance on the Dominator?

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Administrator

One thing working against him is that he has had a big ego over the years. I don't know if he would be the best fit behind a young inexperienced or unproven goalie.

He would be smart to wait it out for an injury and then sign where he is really needed.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Ya Burke should sign him and give him around 65-70 starts.. HAHA..

What if a team like Columbus signed him and started him 82 games next season?? I bet his lifetime 2.20 GAA would go up, just a little, HAHAHA..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Thanks RBP, I just happened to be on and was able to dash over to my dynasty and snag him. Deep rosters so it's not like I had to drop anybody valuable (Jim Slater!).

Niiiice.

Dobber Sports Stud

Nothing would give more pleasure than to have Dominik Hasek in one of my leagues and Win.

Dobber Sports Master

Wow... they had colour tv back when he started out.... I was expecting black and white!

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=73510

Hasek vs the Pens, 20 yrs ago.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Hasek wants to return...say what!?

Apparently Hasek had a Hasek-like season in the KHL and wants to make a comeback to the NHL. Fantasy worth?

Just read this on Fantrax:

"At 47, Dominik Hasek will be making a comeback in the National Hockey League, according to his agent. "He will play," Ritch Winter said. "There is no option. He will play and he will excel and he will do all of the things he can do. That's his view of it. There's one objective, and that's it - he won't fail." Hasek retired in 2008 after the Red Wings' Stanley Cup run in which he lost his starting goaltending job to Chris Osgood in the first round. He started 40 games that season, holding a save percentage of .902. He also played for the Red Wings from 2001-04, winning the Cup in 2002, and starred in Buffalo from 1992-2001. He is a six-time Vezina Trophy winner as the NHL's best goaltender and won the MVP award in 1997 and 1998. But neither the Wings nor the Sabres want him back. Could he be going to the Maple Leafs?"

"Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier confirmed reports that he was approached by Ritch Winter, the agent for Dominik Hasek, about the 47-year-old ex-Sabres stalwart making a return to the NHL in Buffalo. Hasek, who last played in the NHL for Detroit in 2008, was out of hockey last season after playing in the KHL during the 2010-11 campaign. Regier said he and coach Lindy Ruff twice met with Hasek in the last month in First Niagara Center but told the team's former star goaltender they were going to stay with Ryan Miller and Jhonas Enroth in net."
    Member of OCHA

Dobber Sports Ace

Just found another thread on this topic. Feel free to delete it mods.
    Member of OCHA

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    Wow... they had colour tv back when he started out.... I was expecting black and white!

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=73510

Hasek vs the Pens, 20 yrs ago.
    Crazy thing is, 20 years ago he was 27, the age most goalies are just starting to reach their prime!
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Wizard

He should come full circle and go back to Chicago.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50