Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Breaking Bad

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I can't see a Breaking Bad movie without Walt himself. I mean he was the cornerstone of these 5 seasons. Great supporting cast, but the storyline revolves around him. And if they ultimately announce a Breaking Bad movie, advancing that Walter wasn't dead (and was rescue), then you lose me. It's like the Dexter series when they should have ended a couple of seasons back instead of running around in a revolving door.

Breaking Bad finished with it's head high...making a movie isn't gonna make the name go higher!
    Keeper league H2H weekly (12 teams, 22P, 12K)
    9 Skater stats: P, G, +/-, PPG, PPP, GWG, Shots, Hits, BS -- 4 Goalie stats: W, SO, Save%, GAA%
    C: Dubois, Hischier, Patrick
    W: Rakell, Pastrnak, Ferland, Ho-Sang
    D: Dumba, Klingberg, Rielly, Klefbom
    G: Raanta, Grubauer
    Bench: Hart, C. Anderson, Kinkaid, M. Smith, Werenski, Myers, Zadina, Ferland, Ho-Sang,

Dobber Sports Icon

http://www.kontraband.com/tv/37729/g...t-breaking-bad

Some interesting factoids about the show.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Nichushkin, Batherson, Sharangovich
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei, Forsling
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, But, G.Perreault, Morrow, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    They wouldn't necessarily have to have Walt in a movie, either - I think there are enough good characters to hold interest without him. Who wouldn't want to see what Jesse does? What happens with Walt's family and Saul?

Not saying they should (or shouldn't) - the show ended very well. But I would definitely be looking forward to a movie/mini-series if they announced one.

They already announced a spin-off called "Better Call Saul": http://www.newyorker.com/online/blog...call-saul.html. Although looks like it's a prequel that pre-dates Saul meeting Walt.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Ninja

Finally saw the finale. It really put Dexter to shame lmao. I love that in the end, Walt saved Jesse.

Something that didn't sit quite right with me though is the whole ricin poisoning of Lydia. How the hell did he get it in the Stevia pack and that's a pretty big gamble that she would be the one to take it. What if someone else had grabbed it and used it.

Also who else thoroughly enjoyed Jack's blood splattering all over the camera? because I did.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Something that didn't sit quite right with me though is the whole ricin poisoning of Lydia. How the hell did he get it in the Stevia pack and that's a pretty big gamble that she would be the one to take it. What if someone else had grabbed it and used it.

First off, he knew Lydia would come at that exact time and sit in that exact booth to meet someone from Jack's crew - he tells her when she asks, "Tuesdays at 10am, you seem like a stickler for schedules."

Second, Walt's sitting there the whole time observing. If he saw someone sit there, he would have figured something out to make sure they didn't take the packet.

It was a brilliant scene, example of Walt's cunning shown throughout the last episode where he, in a calculated way, makes sure he comes off as weak in order to get to where he wants to be. He fools Lydia this way, and she tells Todd to invite him to Jack's clubhouse on the basis that "I don't have to tell you what to do, anyway look at him, you'll be doing him a favor". If he appears strong and vengeful, he gets nowhere in that meeting, instead he appears weak physically and also financially ("all I need is $1 million, it's pennies compared to your return").

Just brilliant.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Demi-God

How the hell did he get it in the Stevia pack and that's a pretty big gamble that she would be the one to take it. What if someone else had grabbed it and used it.
    If I recall, they show her thumbing through the packets and there are several brown packets and only one white (Stevia) packet.
    I'd imagine somebody could steam a packet open (like an envelope) and then glue/sticky it back closed.
    Who would think to check for that sort of thing?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

hahaha....because they showed him building the M60 contraption that happened to work perfectly instead of putting the ricin in the packet.
    Team 1 - 12Tm 1yr H2H Daily
    2C 2LW 2RW 4D 2G 4BN 2IR
    G A (+/-) PPP SOG HIT / W GAA SV% SHO
    C: Landeskog (C,LW), Schenn (C,RW)
    L: Panarin Kreider
    R: Stone R. Strome (C,RW)
    D: Hedman Jones Fox Sergachev
    G: Grubauer Markstrom Campbell
    BN: Keller (LW,RW) Couturier (C) Gurianov LW,RW)
    IR: Bishop

ROTO: 12Tm 1yr
    G A (+/-) PPP SOG HIT / W GAA SV% SHO
    C: Matthews B. Schenn
    L: Hyman
    R: Stone, Marner
    D: Letang Pesce Theodore R.Andersson
    G: Grubauer Lehner
    BN: Boqvist (D) Merzlikins (G) DeSmith (G) Campbell (G)
    IR: Seguin Kuemper