Thread: Is this veto worthy?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Is this veto worthy?

So I ended up striking a deal where I sent gio gonzolas, Elvis Andrews and a 6th round pick for kershaw and a 3rd. 14 team with 8 keepers per. We both felt like gio and Elvis was to much on their own so we swapped out the 2 picks. Now I'm getting hate texts saying its bill shit and unfair. Am I crazy for thinking this is pretty fair?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

No way is that veto worthy, I like the Gio side but in no way is that lopsided IMO
    14 H2H team dynasty, start 4C, 8W, 6D and 1G

G, A, SOG, GWG, PPP, SHP, H+B, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SA, SV%

C - Tavares, Eriksson Ek, Frost, Geekie
    W - Skinner, Kreider, Sharangovich, Stone, Robertson, Hagel, Tolvanen
    D - Josi, Gudas, Montour, Fehervary, Jones
    G - Andersen

Bench - Ingram, Forsberg, Mrazek

FARM
    F - Bergstrom, Tolvanen, Robertson, Benson, Dube, Balcers
    D - Clague, Guile, Smith
    G - Sparks, Petersen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I know I argued for an hour with one of the other owners about how it's not a bad deal for either of us. I actually think the gio side gets the better of it because he does get 2 good keepers for 1. Gio is having a better season and Elvis is a great 23yr old ss who score a lot of points. I then later heard from another owner who also said it didn't seem fair. Wtf

The Wolverine

There is nothing wrong with this trade. Tell them that trades don't have to be even, and that term is subjective. A 'fair' trade is one where both managers are making the deal in good faith and trying to improve their own squad. Those should always be allowed. It's not up to them to tell others how to manage their teams.
    Last edited by horrorfan; July 15, 2012 at 3:38 AM.

Dobber Sports Stud

From a keeper's perspective I don't have a problem with it at all. The owner's are obviously upset based on this year's performance alone, but that should be directed at the other guy if your trading Gio/Endrus, so I'm confused? That seems like a very fair trade, and both sides have their pros and cons. I hate when people veto, unless its an obvious scam.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah they are upset because I get the "best" player in kershaw and a 3rd round pick. It looks like it should still go through I have only got texts from a few guys I haven't seen anything online yet. I definetly overpayed looking at their numbers this season that's why we settled on swapping my 6th for his 3rd. That's the part that makes me laugh is that I'm swapping up 3rds not getting a third. These guys just don't get it, they see, well I don't know what they see to be honest I just think their mad that I have the team to overpay and still not even notice the loss of personel.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by ruckus1717 View Post
    So I ended up striking a deal where I sent gio gonzolas, Elvis Andrews and a 6th round pick for kershaw and a 3rd. 14 team with 8 keepers per. We both felt like gio and Elvis was to much on their own so we swapped out the 2 picks. Now I'm getting hate texts saying its bill shit and unfair. Am I crazy for thinking this is pretty fair?
    Another veto thread. Another trade that isn't veto worthy.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

This trade looks fine, IMO.
    (But things also depend on number of keepers & league scoring. Regardless, the only people that think it is veto-worthy are those that don't think Gio is the real deal. In most leagues, he's got excellent value though - this year AND beyond.)

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I agree with everyone else, this is not a deal that should be vetoed.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well I've talked to 5 guys so far and only 1 was upset thinking it was an unfair trade, 3 thought it was completely fair and one was on the fence about it but wasn't going to veto. I think it may have just been because this one guy was upset he didn't get a big deal done like this. People r crazy lol. Thanks guys