Thread: Who comes AFTER lundy and quick?? REP

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Who comes AFTER lundy and quick?? REP

I'm in a limited keeper (keep 7) 10 teams the roto scoring cats are:

G,A,P, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, GS, W, GAA, SV %, SO.

My keepers are:

Stamkos
    Giroux
    Ericsson
    Hall
    Letang

2 of Fleury, Howard and Smith.

I am about to make a trade that sees me trade Fleury and my third for Parise and his 1st.

If I make that move - I am left with keeping Smith and Howard and have Ericsson to use as trade bait.

Who are you more comfortable with Smith or Howard and who would you target after Lundy or Quick as I don't think a Package of Ericsson plus one of Smith or Howard will land me that big of a fish.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Stud

I'm more comfortable with Howard, from a durability standpoint. If I were you I'd try flipping Parise and Smith for Lundqvist/Quick.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Icon

I'd take Howard too, although he and Smith are close in terms of potential value.

Many are predicting a down year for Howard due to Lidstrom's departure (see this thread:http://forums.dobbersports.com/showt...405#post990405) and I think there's a definite risk there, but the Wings are such a great organization and have such depth that I don't think Howard will be affected too much long term. I'd stick with him.

As for who to target after Lundqvist and Quick, I'd go for Price, Rinne, Miller or Schneider.

Note the following recent thread on keeper league goalie rankings:

http://forums.dobbersports.com/showthread.php?t=135910
    Last edited by ross10019; July 13, 2012 at 12:57 PM.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If I owned Howard in any keepers, I'd be trying to move him right now.
    Detroit's defensive-defensemen are bottom 10 in the league going into next year. (my opinion)

Lidstrom was a huge loss.
    Brad Stuart was a pretty solid D too.

Keep Mike Smith, especially with the GS category.
    Make the Parise trade. In a 10-team league, goalies are a plenty... and have lowered value.

Ryan Miller and Bryzgalov are my picks for 2nd/3rd best goalies for next year & beyond.
    They could both probably be had cheap right now.

Think... are either of these teams going to let their back-ups play significant time.
    Both of these teams (BUF & PHI) I see as deep, young, strong & going to be much improved with another year from their youth.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Depending on how knowledgeable your league is I would be willing to bet you could flip either Smith or Howard for Schneider, and he's the guy I would target. I wouldn't say he is 3rd and 4th behind Lundy/Quick but I would say he's top 10 in talent, probably top 7 or 8 in cats. Vancouver is going to be a good team in front of him for the next 4-5 years still, which would bump his stats anyways. And I think Schneider can be bought a lot cheaper than some of the other guys with a lot higher name value.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Depending on how knowledgeable your league is I would be willing to bet you could flip either Smith or Howard for Schneider, and he's the guy I would target. I wouldn't say he is 3rd and 4th behind Lundy/Quick but I would say he's top 10 in talent, probably top 7 or 8 in cats. Vancouver is going to be a good team in front of him for the next 4-5 years still, which would bump his stats anyways. And I think Schneider can be bought a lot cheaper than some of the other guys with a lot higher name value.
    Welcome to the boards!

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I really like Carey Price and Ryan Miller personally.

As for the debate between Smith vs. Howard...really tough call. Both teams have suffered some big losses this past off-season and I honestly expect both goaltenders to take a bit of a step back. That being said I would probably side with Smith

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Smith for me.

And as for who's the next after Lundy/Quick - that's Rinne and Miller for me. Right behind them are Price and Ward if you're looking for guys that are a bit younger and probably a bit cheaper.