Thread: S.Perez/Broxton for Santana/Reed

Dobber Sports Stud

Default S.Perez/Broxton for Santana/Reed

I asked for Soriano and he's a no go, maybe Reed would do it? There is a chance Broxton is moved and then would be a set up guy, but no guarentee, the other owner knows it.
    If he's not moved, that will come back to bite me as Santana has been horrible and Perez is white hot. Do it? Or just grab Holland as security in case he does get moved?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
    I asked for Soriano and he's a no go, maybe Reed would do it? There is a chance Broxton is moved and then would be a set up guy, but no guarentee, the other owner knows it.
    If he's not moved, that will come back to bite me as Santana has been horrible and Perez is white hot. Do it? Or just grab Holland as security in case he does get moved?
    Carlos Santana and Addison Reed?

Sign me up!
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for the reply DM.

I am still a bit hesitant there. I know Perez cannot keep this up and is a great sell high, but what is going on with Carlos? He has looked brutal. Always a low avg. but on pace for 10 HR as opposed to last year's 27? If I were sure of 10 HR in the 2nd half, I think that would then be worth it. Are you pretty sure he will ramp it up to that?

Dobber Sports Veteran

I am not 100% sold on Santana, as his tendency to simply watch pitches until he gets bored enough to swing has caused lots of problems. I don't necessarily like Broxton long term, it's a tough call.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Carlos Santana is a very talented player, he just needs to believe in his abilities and stop trying to hit a home run every time he's at the plate.

The way I look at it, Reed has a ton of potential and the White Sox are going to competitive for a while. While Broxton could get dealt and become a setup man somewhere.

Perez will hit for a higher average, but Santana has a lot more power than him.

Dobber Sports Stud

I asked the guy about it and was not interested in Brox, largely b/c of the trade possibility, so that no longer seems like an option. I am fine with that, I will grab a Holland or Lyon for security, problem solved.

DM, if you watch SP he's a monster, I think we're looking at a top 5 C now. The guy is raking now and will surely regress, but no reason why the power won't continue.
    6'3, 245 lbs!!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

santana - reed in a second

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bluejays View Post
    I asked the guy about it and was not interested in Brox, largely b/c of the trade possibility, so that no longer seems like an option. I am fine with that, I will grab a Holland or Lyon for security, problem solved.

DM, if you watch SP he's a monster, I think we're looking at a top 5 C now. The guy is raking now and will surely regress, but no reason why the power won't continue.
    6'3, 245 lbs!!
    He will hit for a high average, but don't expect him to put up big power numbers.

That's the kind of player he is.