Thread: Kevin Poulin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kevin Poulin

Just wondering what the scoop is with Kevin Poulin? What does his future look like? Is he the man of the future? Does he play now because of the Islanders crappy injury plagued goalie situation?

1-3-5 year projections?

Dobber Sports Veteran

The picture is muddled because of DP, Nabokov etc. My guess is that Poulin is more or less the back up for most of this year... I'd figure maybe 20 games, 9 wins, 2.80 GAA, .910SV%

However, it's less clear in the long term for several reasons. 1)Poulin's already had a couple of knee injuries 2)The Isles are also high on Nilsson, who seems to be a very worthy competitor (arguably a better ceiling in my mind) 3)Nobody knows the direction that things will take on the Island. They could decide to let Nabokov go and sign a bona-fide starter to try and make a playoff push in 2013-2014, instead of letting their younger goalies develop.

If he somehow becomes a starter, I'd peg Poulin for an average to above average starter, depending on a ton of factors.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne