Thread: Brendan Smith

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Brendan Smith

Hi to everyone
    What will smiths role be in detroit now that they did not get suter?
    Alsow what can I expect for pt. next year..........any pp time
    thanks for the info

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Theoretically, you would expect him to play a big role and he's already better than Kyle Quincey for example but this is Detroit and they're sometimes slower than they need be when it comes to their prospects. In the past they could afford to, now I'm not as sure so he's worth taking a gamble on but don't expect results right away. Maybe on a different team but not necessarily on Detroit if you're just looking for this season.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Obertrum View Post
    Hi to everyone
    What will smiths role be in detroit now that they did not get suter?
    Alsow what can I expect for pt. next year..........any pp time
    thanks for the info
    I think Kronwall and white will be PP1 and he will be on the second unit to start. but i could see him taking over whites spot by the halfway mark.
    33-38pts next season 80Pims. if he really takes the reins and runs with it i could see 45pts

The Great One

Kronwall is injury-prone, so that will give Smith some opportunity on the top PP unit, I think.

But it will be slow going for him. Even *if* Kronwall gets hurt, I could see Detroit going with 4 forwards on the PP unit with White.

Unless Detroit trades for someone like Weber or Yandle, White is the guy who is really going to benefit huge in Detroit with Lidstrom gone and them missing out on Suter.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Kronwall is injury-prone, so that will give Smith some opportunity on the top PP unit, I think.

But it will be slow going for him. Even *if* Kronwall gets hurt, I could see Detroit going with 4 forwards on the PP unit with White.

Unless Detroit trades for someone like Weber or Yandle, White is the guy who is really going to benefit huge in Detroit with Lidstrom gone and them missing out on Suter.
    Pretty sure Samuelsson also played the point on the PP in the past and he is the only right shot they have other than White as far as I know.