Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: To: Robin Lehner Owners

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    I have Lehner on my farm and I can tell you this - even before this article, bring the money if you want him or he stays home with Daddy.
    LOL Ive had so many offers for him myself

Dobber Sports Wizard

I don't think getting in better shape can ever be a bad thing. It turned around Kari Lehtonen's career, and hopefully it can be a big help to Lehner as well.

If nothing else it shows commitment and that's important from someone who you could say has maybe dogged it a bit in the AHL.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    I don't think getting in better shape can ever be a bad thing. It turned around Kari Lehtonen's career, and hopefully it can be a big help to Lehner as well.

If nothing else it shows commitment and that's important from someone who you could say has maybe dogged it a bit in the AHL.
    Sums lehner up perfectly and why this will help him.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Jimmy Howard took his game to another level after he dropped 15-20 pounds one summer.
    speaks for itself. good example

Banned

Great start for Lehner this year:

5 GP, 3-1 (should be 4-1 if not ejected), 1.32, 0.954, 1 fight, 22 PIM

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He would have loved to go head to head with Bishop in training camp this year but the lockout squashed that possibility. With his great start though he could beat Bishop out for the Anderson-backup gig all the way from the AHL. Barring that, it would take an injury to get him up to the big club. The Sens are big on internal competition as a motivator and it seems to be doing the trick so far with Lehner. He's been dynamite at all levels he's played at since they signed Bishop in the new year.
    NHL 12 Team Full Keeper, Roto
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - Crosby,Getzlaf,Granlund
    LW - Pacioretty,E.Kane,Hartnell
    RW - Backes,Simmonds,SamGagne
    D - Letang,Byfuglien,Subban,Hamilton
    G - Lundqvist,Fleury,Schneider,Bryz
    IR - Kovy

MLB 9 Team Full Keeper, Roto
    R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, AVG, W, L, SV, BB, K, ERA

C - C.Santana
    1B - Ortiz
    2B - Kinsler
    3B - Alvarez
    SS - Andrus
    OF - Trout,McCutchen,Kemp
    Util - Myers,Butler
    BN - Profar,Freese,Gyorko,Brantley
    SP - Price,Gio,Moore,Harvey,Miller,H.Bailey
    RP - Chapman,Frieri,K.Jansen
    DL - Beachy,Pineda

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I got one name to answer:

Ben Bishop !

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I don't know how this usually turns out with hockey players, but in baseball whenever somebody comes into camp in "the best shape of their life" it's almost always meaningless and they often have a terrible year. It's a running joke, actually. I'ts great that he's devoted to making an effort but I don't know how much the physical changes will affect him, if at all. Bottom line is that I wouldn't let it affect the way you think about him.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Skin Blues View Post
    I don't know how this usually turns out with hockey players, but in baseball whenever somebody comes into camp in "the best shape of their life" it's almost always meaningless and they often have a terrible year. It's a running joke, actually. I'ts great that he's devoted to making an effort but I don't know how much the physical changes will affect him, if at all. Bottom line is that I wouldn't let it affect the way you think about him.
    Completely different sports. In baseball you can be 50 lbs overweight and be an all star (Prince Fielder). In hockey, with the exception of Buff, you have to be in tip top shape. In baseball, aside from the pitchers, you can physically play 3 games in a day and not break a sweat (or barely sweat). Some hockey players (goalies included) can lose more than 10 lbs of water from sweat in a single game. Can't compare the two sports whatsoever, other than a correlation in hand-eye coordination, which is also applicable to golf and lacrosse.

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Skin Blues View Post
    The physical change already has affected him. He dropped a significant amount of weight. You can see how fit he is, and it shows in his game. The team specifically told him to get in shape, they gave him an exact program to follow. He did, and now he's playing like he did in the 2011 Calder Cup run. The team is really happy with his work ethic, attitude, and most of all, his ability.

If he's in the AHL the whole year, he'll be in the running for whatever goalie award they hand out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by #1Sakic View Post
    I got one name to answer:

Ben Bishop !
    What's the question?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Haha, with all of the good that Holtby and Lehner have been doing in the past year or so it's hard for me to reconsider my decision to take Markstrom ahead of both of them in my prospect draft last year.

Banned

November Lehner update: 6-2, 1.77, .945, 1 SO

Getting closer to say he's ready for a greater challenge.

Dobber Sports Pro

Proud owner of both Lehner and Holtby in my new dynasty keeper league. Jumped on both of those guys early, took somewhat of a risk where I picked them up but I believe it'll be very worth it in the long run.

Dobber Sports Icon

Can't wait til this guy is a full-time NHLer - going to be a stud. Thanks for the updates, Big Ev.
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin