Thread: Andrei Vasilevski

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Andrei Vasilevski

I would like to hear your guys thoughts on this guy..How long before he makes the team?
    I dont need him right now I have Miller and Hiller so I can wait for him..But just wanna see what you guys think..
    League - YOUNG STARS DYNASTY LEAGUE
    12 teams

MY TEAM

Kovalchuk/Tavares/Zetterberg
    Michalek/ Thornton /Nash
    E.Cole/ Spezza/ Purcell

Suter/Jack Johnsson
    Del Zotto/ Hedmen

Miller / Hiller

Benched Players

Tanguay/Desharnis/Hemsky
    McDonald/Nyquist /Selanne

Gardiner/ Orlov

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think he was drafted by the best possible team looking for a goalie! Tampa has some very significant pieces already in place, and provided Vasilevskiy doesn't jump ship to the KHL, I think he will be backing up as soon as next season, and starting by 2014-15. There is obviously a risk here, but everything I have been reading says that Stevie Y and the Lightning brass are very high on this kid, and they need goaltending, so he will definitely be given the opportunity, so if he can play big, he can seize the starting job, and the Lightning will be scary good!

Puck
    'To be is to do' - Socrates....'To do is to be '- Sartre..........
    'To do be do be do' - Sinatra.

15 Team Keeper League - 20 roster spots (4C 4L 4R 6D 2G)
    Point Categories - G A +/- PIMS GAA SV%
    Protect 13-15 *$80 Team cap

C - Bergeron, Zibanejad,
    L - Connor, Marchand, Olofsson
    R - Nylander, Wheeler, Gallagher, Rust
    D - Carlson, Josi, Nurse
    G - Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Puckhead View Post
    I think he was drafted by the best possible team looking for a goalie! Tampa has some very significant pieces already in place, and provided Vasilevskiy doesn't jump ship to the KHL, I think he will be backing up as soon as next season, and starting by 2014-15. There is obviously a risk here, but everything I have been reading says that Stevie Y and the Lightning brass are very high on this kid, and they need goaltending, so he will definitely be given the opportunity, so if he can play big, he can seize the starting job, and the Lightning will be scary good!

Puck
    What about Lindback? Don't you think he'll have something to say as to who the starter in TB is? Also there's Tokarski who's coming off a very impressive AHL season. I was surprised to see TB draft this kid.
    10-team Auction League, $160 team salary, weekly H2H, start: 6F, 4D, 1G and 5 Bench

Scoring structure: (F : 1pt G / 1pt A / 0.15pts SOG / 0.15pts Hits / 0.15pts BlkS), (G : 5 pts W / 3 pts SO / 0.01 pts Saves)

Forwards : Ovechkin ($43), Kessel ($20), Benn ($7), Spezza ($13), Brown ($7), Marchand ($13), Landeskog ($3), Elias ($1), Plekanec ($1),

Defenses : Letang ($26), Visnovsky ($1), Bieksa ($1), Faulk ($2) Ehrhoff ($2)

Goalies : Holtby ($7), Nabokov ($2)

Dobber Sports Padawan

There is no way he'll be the backup next year.

They'll be signing Lindback, and Garon has one more year on his contract. Not to mention they've signed Helenius already as well. And they'd be crazy to carry two inexperienced goalies as their tandem. When was the last time you saw a tandem of a 24 year old and an 18 year old?

The reality is - goalies develop slowly. There's a reason you don't see guys taking over the starter role until their mid-20s. Steve Mason came in at 20, and look what happened to him. Carey Price won the starting role at 21, but not without some struggles.

I don't want to speak about that,'' said Lightning European scout Anton Routa, who followed Vasilevski for the past three years in Russia. "But the potential, he can be a top goaltender one day. He won't play here for a while, but he has so much talent, so many tools to become a good one.''
    He has two years left on his KHL contract (which he has talked about buying out). If he comes over to North America to play major-junior next year, you might see him in 3 years. If he doesn't, tack a few more on there.
    Setting up the play.

Dobber Sports Icon

The kids atleast 2 years away from even getting a cup of coffee. More likely 3-4 b4 any impact though.

Dobber Sports Legend

3-4 years away but the kid has some nasty skills and a filthy glove hand.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Looks to be a great young goalie.. But don't expect him to play or even get a cup of java for atleast 3-4 years..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I've seen this guy go top 10-15 in so many drafts now...

I like the kid, but seriously, you're looking at 5-6+ years before he makes an impact (ie: Starter's role).

Dobber Sports Guru

As others have pointed out its gonna be a long wait ..... but I honestly think he will be a stud goalie when he eventually comes over the the NHL. He has some great raw skills.