Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: June 16/17 Fantasy Questions

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for doing this!

I didn't know you were an Aussie - I'm half-Aussie myself, with relatives in Sydney and Canberra.

On a hockey-related note, in a standard points league with a salary cap (using salaries, not cap hits). which would you prefer for next season:
    Berglund vs Turris
    J Johnson vs Hamonic
    Price vs Kiprusoff
    Radulov vs a Vegemite sandwich

Cheers!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Messier Scowl View Post
    Thanks for doing this!

I didn't know you were an Aussie - I'm half-Aussie myself, with relatives in Sydney and Canberra.

On a hockey-related note, in a standard points league with a salary cap (using salaries, not cap hits). which would you prefer for next season:
    Berglund vs Turris
    J Johnson vs Hamonic
    Price vs Kiprusoff

Cheers!
    Ohh Ohh, its June 18th and you asked a question.. You are in trouble now!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Ohh Ohh, its June 18th and you asked a question.. You are in trouble now!!
    LOL - don't I get some leeway for comparing Radulov to a Vegemite sandwich?

Dobber Sports Stud

Hey GL,

Thaks for doing this!

Got time for a quick analysis of Team Chico? Any changes you'd reccomend?

Cheers!
    Last edited by Chico Resch; June 18, 2012 at 2:08 PM.
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,H,BS,W,SV%,SA,SO
    12 Man H2H Salary Keeper League
    C - S.Crosby/S.Monahan/G.Landeskog(lw)/W.Karlsson
    LW- T.Hall/B.Rust(lw)/N.Hoglander
    RW - J.Guentzel(lw)/ T.Tatar(lw)/J.Pulujaarvi/K.Kapanen(lw)
    D - B.Burns/E.Karlsson/M.Heiskanen/J.Carlson
    G - I.Sorokin/I.Shesterkin/T.Demko/C.Peterson/C.Talbot
    Farm - C.Primeau/P.Kochetov/C.Caufield/E.Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

LOL - don't I get some leeway for comparing Radulov to a Vegemite sandwich?
    HAHAHA, its not up to me, but funny nonetheless..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by rempel1 View Post
    I just finished my 2nd season as an expansion team and came in 5th. I'd like to compete for the win in 2 years. Any players I should sell high on?

Thanks a lot. Great Thread
    I just finished my 2nd season as an expansion team and came in 5th. I'd like to compete for the win in 2 years. Any players I should sell high on?

Thanks a lot. Great Thread

Forwards: (G=1, A=1)
    Vanek, Skinner, Ribeiro, Elias, Callahan, Stepan, Hartnell, Voracek, Turris, Berglund, David Perron, Nugent-Hopkins, Tarasenko, Brad Marchand, Horcoff, Sam Gagner, Saku Koivu, Benoit Pouliot, Ponikarovsky, Brunette, Simon Gagne, Wolski, Nick Foligno

Defence: (G=1, A=1)
    Fowler, Enstrom, Giordano, Kulikov, Meszaros, Niskanen, Demers, Blum, Stefan Elliott, Ryan Murphy, Jamie McBain, Kris Russell

Goalies: (W=2 + SO=2)
    Quick, Ward, Crawford, Backstrom, Steve Mason

Nobody really jumps off the page at me... I might consider moving Berglund or Tarasenko sometime during the year depending on how well each plays. With Berglund, Tarasenko and Oshie, I don't think there's room for all three so I have a feeling one will get moved somewhere down the line. Other than that your players are either roster worthy or haven't garnered enough value to be traded for anything of value yet. So hang tight.
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Mater View Post
    Thanks man,

Thoughts on my keepers?
    Team 1:
    10 Team Keeper, keep 16. (12F, 6D, 3G) 6 bench
    Cat: +/-, PIMs, G, A, Pts, STG (PPG+SHG), GAA, SPct, W
    Roto, No Max games, weekly lineups

F: C Smith, D Stepan, J Benn, J Spezza, J Carter, J Tavares, J Eberle, M Read, M Cammalleri, R Nugent-Hopkins, T Connolly, A Hemsky, J Voracek, D Roy, Radulov, Crosby

D: J Carlson, K Shattenkirk, M Streit, S Elliott, T Enstrom, J Garrison, B Smith

G: N Khabibulin, P Rinne, R Miller, J Markstrom

Crosby, Tavares, Spezza, RNH, Eberle, Benn Shattenkirk, Enstrom, Rinne, Miller are the must keeps IMO.

So that leaves me with 6 spots...
    Outta the rest I really like Stepan as I think he's grown a lot in the last couple of years and should grow a bit more to become a reliable 70-75 pointer. Carter I'd probably roll the dice on as well, the only thing that kept him off the must keep list was the injury history... Roy is solid as well and there are rumors about him being shopped at the deadline, so if he goes to another team he has the talent to become a very solid fantasy contributor. Rads I think could be on and off depending on what happens post-July 1. If he goes to a market that will allow him freedom to do whatever he wants he could be a serious point-per-game threat. Streit is another I'd consider just cause the Isles are very young but they look like they're on the right path and he should be the number 1 go to guy on the blue line for them.

Last one is the tough one but I probably would go with Read only because he's shown some pretty crazy skills this last season and once he gets more experience under his belt that consistency should shine through. Only reason why I didn't keep Markstrom is because of Rinne and Miller, you kinda have that goalie position locked for a while and you can always just snag Markstrom back in the re-draft...

Hope it helps!

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    How would you rank Blum, Gardiner, and Rundblad against Reilly, Murray, Dumba, Ceci, and Reinhart?? Only talking long-term points only..
    Once again I'm not a huge prospects guy. I'm more of a I wanna see what they can produce before I make judgements type of guy rather than saying so and so has the potential to be...

I haven't seen a lot of Blum, but I think he'll be fine as replacement for Suter probably a solid 40-50 point type of guy.

Gardiner I had a chance to watch a lot of this season, smart puck mover, still pretty young and makes a few mistakes here or there, but that change once he gets more experience. He too is a 40-50 point guy.

Rundblad is a bit harder to read, only because he's been traded twice and has been on 3 teams so that screams out something is up to me. From what I've read he's got good skills, but if someone has that great skills you don't trade them ever! So maybe its just the pessimist in me but something is up. The only problem is the Yotes aren't a highly offensive team to begin with and all of their pipeline is seriously all D. Yandle, OEL, Gormley, Connor Murphy, Goncharov, Summers, Stone...somewhere down the line they'll need to pick up forward prospects to improve their team. There's only so long they will listen to Tippet's system before he's out the door. Because of the team and the competition I'm not a fan of Rundblad, but then again he could be traded and this is all moot.

once again I'm not a huge prospects guy so I'm not the best to ask.

From what I've read and the draft videos I've come across

Murray seems legit and can run a team's PP. Once again my opinion is limited, but I think he's probably comparable to a Doughty...

Dumba is interesting, a lot of the videos I've seen is that he's a strong 2 way guy who loves to hit, once again I could be wrong, but he reminds me a lot of Shea Weber type... Willing to hit and play physical and can skate as well.

Ceci/Reinhart sorry don't know much about... Reinhart seems a bigger body willing to bang, I think he'd be similiar to Duncan Siemens from last year's draft. But once again I'm probably not the person to ask in terms of prospects.

If you want a better answer, shoot Rossy Youngblood a PM or e-mail, he's a prospects guru and will give you a much better answer than I can.

Dobber Sports Expert

Thanks for doing this!

Berglund vs Turris
    J Johnson vs Hamonic
    Price vs Kiprusoff

Cheers!
    Naw I'm not Aussie, I'm just a transplanted Canadian that loves hockey!!! hahaha

Berglund cause I really saw him take a big step forward during the playoffs and garner that 20+ mins of TOI, but with the depth that the Blues have I wouldn't be surprised if he went back into his shell again and gets back to averaging 17 mins a game and producing substandard numbers due to a numbers game... Turris probably is the "safer" option, cause he'll have much better opportunity in Ott, but less upside...

Johnson! he really stepped it up this year when he moved to CLB to become the number 1 there. I think he'll have a great breakout season this year. Hamonic is built like Seabrook, good "real life" defender but a poor fantasy choice without hits.

If you want it for the next 2-3 years Kipper only because his team is much better. As much as the Flames aren't a playoff team, they do compete and will put up a few wins. Montreal is in a rebuild mode, so they won't win as many games as the Flames would in the next 2-3 seasons. Plus there's a lot of holes in the Habs blue-line that as good as Price is as a goalie, there's only so much you can do with a weak d corp in front of you.

God I hate that vile crap, I don't know how Aussies can eat that stuff. I'd rather drink motor oil than to eat Vegemite... so Radulov by a long mile!!!!

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Chico Resch View Post
    Hey GL,

Thaks for doing this!

Got time for a quick analysis of Team Chico? Any changes you'd reccomend?

Cheers!
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SHP,GWG,W,SV%,SO
    12 Man H2H Keeper League
    C - E.Malkin(rw)/R.Kesler/J.Schwartz
    LW - B.Ryan/M.Duchene(c)/R.Nash(rw)/T.Fleischmann
    RW - T.Selanne/C.Giroux(c)/L.Eriksson(lw)/J.Iginla/D.Alfredsson
    D - M.Green/D.Byfuglien(rw)/R.Suter/A.Larsson/J.Carlson
    G - J.Hiller/J.Halak/J.Howard

Farm - C.Bourque/R.Murphy/C.Johnson

C - Malkin is good, Kesler will possibly have a poor season this year because of the labrum surgery hockey players don't tend to respond well for at least 12 months after that surgery, so I might be inclined to see if you can move him in a sneaky deal while his value is still fairly high. Schwartz I think will get hurt by the depth in STL, I think he ends up being a 3rd/4th center which will hurt his value this year. But long term he's a star in the making.

LW really like your set of LW, if Nash gets moved his value should skyrocket. Duchene should bounce back as well.

RW good set of veteran RWers who are proven to produce solid numbers, so no complaints there.

D - Don't mind Green or Buffy. I'm not a fan of Suter, so I would be inclined to at least toss him out there and see what people will offer for him with the hype around his potential FA. I mean if you can get a Chara/Shatty/Keith/Campbell type in return it might be worth trading. If the price isn't right then hold onto him and see what happens. But at least entertain the thought of possibly moving him. Larsson is still young but should be good in the long run, you just need to wait it out and be patient. Carlsson depends on the Green situation as well. If Green goes Carlsson should get a bit more responsibility.

G - good set of goalies. Hiller, Howard and Halak are all solid number 1 options and you should be great on the goalie front.

bench - only one that I would see impacting your league probably is Murphy. He's got talent, but stuck behind a bit of depth and competition in Car. I think they need to move one or two blue liners for some forward help to really beef up their team.

So the only moves that I might into might be to dangle Kesler and Suter out there. Both of those guys have pretty "big names" so you might be able to land a pretty good return for the both of them. You have cover for C2 with Giroux and Duchene, so you don't necessarily have to get a quality C back in return.

Suter/Kesler for Karlsson might be tempting enough for the other party.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hi Mate,

I have a question.

Will any of these guys play a full NHL season next year, if so what can we expect?

In my keeper, i need two from this group in my starting roster.
    Plus i need cover for Gaborik and Mueller, no doubt

Eric Wellwood, Gilbert Brule, Linus Omark, Stephane Da Costa, Akim Aliu, Jordan Nolan, Jan Mursak, Brett Bulmer, Cory Conacher, Bobby Butler, Patrice Cormier, Cam Atkinson

Thanks mate.
    btw im also in Melbourne
    Last edited by Rajiabu; June 19, 2012 at 1:19 AM.

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Rajiabu View Post
    Hi Mate,

I have a question.

Will any of these guys play a full NHL season next year, if so what can we expect?

In my keeper, i need two from this group in my starting roster.
    Plus i need cover for Gaborik and Mueller, no doubt

Eric Wellwood, Gilbert Brule, Linus Omark, Stephane Da Costa, Akim Aliu, Jordan Nolan, Jan Mursak, Brett Bulmer, Cory Conacher, Bobby Butler, Patrice Cormier, Cam Atkinson

Thanks mate.
    btw im also in Melbourne
    That's a tough one, I don't think any will play a full season as most of their teams are pretty filled as it is. I like Conacher, if he can make the team in camp he could play a lot of games, but his small physical size might limit him to 50-60 games, but he does have a full season and a long playoffs in the AHL under his belt, so his body might be a bit more NHL ready...

I'd also keep an eye on Jordan Nolan, had a great playoff run with the Kings, didn't get a lot of ice-time, but did play a decent 4th line checking role. So he might be someone who might get a lot of game-time but won't be a fantasy relevance...

The big one for me is Atkinson... The Jackets looked like a half decent team down the stretch to be honest, when all the dust from the Carter fiasco settled. He spent a lot of time with Brassard and Umberger and the trio registered 18 points in the final 10 contests of the season... Atkinson himself had 10 points and 18 SOG in the final 6 contests of the season. His pedigree isn't to bad either. He led all Hockey East players with 52 points in his final year at BC and tore up the AHL with 44 points in 51 contests before being recalled to the Jackets last season. With Nash out the door, Atkinson I think can really step up this year. Make sure you get on him. I could realistically see 55-65 points from him this year if he gets a full 82-game season.

Also keep an eye on Bulmer as well. I don't rate him as much as Atkinson, but he did get a 9-game stint with the Wild at the start of the year and didn't look entirely out of place. Only thing is the Wild are in a bit of a transition, they have Koivu, Heater and Seto as their main pieces, but Granlund, Coyle, Zucker, Phillips could also make the team as well, and I don't know if that'll leave enough room for Bulmer... He's probably someone I'd keep an eye on, but I wouldn't invest too heavily into him.

The two that I would focus on is Conacher and Atkinson, the rest are very hit or miss...

Where in Melbourne are you from?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Im from NZ and live in Box Hill. seems like theres a few of us here

Dobber Sports Expert

Yeah I know there's a few around Aus, but I don't think I've seen very many from Melbourne.

You actually Aussie or are you a transplanted Canadian like me?

Dobber Sports Guru

If it's not too late to get in on this, can I get an audit on the team in my sig? I just want to make sure I'm on the right track and others see it the same as I do.

Thanks for the insight!

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid