Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: June 16/17 Fantasy Questions

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by bumchilly25 View Post
    Yeah, we only start 1 G per week in my league, so trading Miller to keep Schneids was a no brainer. Worst case, I keep Ward, but really, goalies are super easy to come by.

Great job!
    Yeah you have until Sept to decide, but I have a feeling Luongo stays... there really isn't a market for goalies (especially with Luongo's contract situation) at the moment, with TB pulling out...

Vancouver I don't think is in a position to sell cheap just to get rid of him... They'd want something substantive back and I don't think there are many trade partners that are willing to give the Nucks what they want...
    Dobber Expert Pool Champion 2011-12

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Only just noticed you're from Melbourne. Where abouts dude?

Question wise, am I on the right path with my team? I'll be adding pick #2 this off season but i need more forwards. What/who can i package together?

Cheers
    16 Team, 50 Player Capped ($75m) Keeper (Overall Fantasy Points). 12F, 6D, 1G Active

Scoring - G, A, PPG/A, +/-, SHG/A, W, SO, (GA bonus's)

F - T. Johnson, Galchenyuk, Nyquist, A. Lee, Radulov, Nelson, Neal, Sharp, Atkinson, Ribeiro, Ryan, Staal, (Donskoi, Eller, Colbourne, Vermette, Rodin)
    D - Burns, Klingberg, Gohstisbehere, Weber, Parayko, Braun
    G - Allen (Luongo)

Farm
    F - Mantha, Wilson, Fast, Tolchinsky, Bracco, Merkley, Malgin, Novak, N. Paul, K. Roy, Maroon, Laughton, Lindberg
    D - DeAngelo, Sproul, Clendening, Trouba, Weircioch

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Twiggy View Post
    Only just noticed you're from Melbourne. Where abouts dude?

Question wise, am I on the right path with my team? I'll be adding pick #2 this off season but i need more forwards. What/who can i package together?

Cheers
    I'm out west in Tarneit...

It's hard for me to judge if you're on the right path or not cause I don't know where your standings are and what you're happy with... In a 30 teamer it's pretty darn hard since the odds of winning are 1 in 30, much more difficult than say 1 in 10 or 1 in 12...

Just off the top of my head Stamkos is great, Neal should be good, but expect a dip in production this season when Crosby comes back. Couture looks solid for 60-65 points. Berglund should see a bigger piece of the pie this season. The rest of the guys are mostly just depth fillers... Schwartz is a bit stuck but does have potential... I dunno in a 30-teamer they might have value, but I don't really see anyone leaping off the page that screams sell high...

D could use a lot of work too, Hedman has upside, Ellis and Whitney is decent, Gardiner is decent as well, but Hejda, Volcheknov are mostly defensive guys with limited upside. Good thing is that you do have Faulk and Orlov waiting in the wings so there's some bright side there.

G Varly and Lack have upside. To be honest I haven't heard of Jones at all before.

I dunno in such a deep league you've probably got to have a plan for 5-10 years down the road and just keep stockpiling young prospects and picks.

One thing I might do is to toss out Stamkos' name out there just to see what you can get for him. If you can get a couple of young "big named" prospects plus good picks it might be worth dangling out there to see what you can get. If the offer isn't right then keep him.

I just see a lot of holes in your line up, where guys aren't even playing at the NHL level, and probably are still a few years out from even playing, so I don't think you'll do well for at least a couple of years.
    Last edited by Maaaasquito; June 17, 2012 at 2:42 AM.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If cows eat grass, why is the sky blue?
    10 Team One Year H2H Non-Playoff League
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, STP, ATOI, SOG, BLK, DEF Pts.
    Goalies: W, SO, Svs., SV%, GAA
    Daily Roster 9 Forwards 5 Defence 2 Goalies 2 UTIL count.
    F - Seguin, Voracek, Ladd, Little, Cammalleri, Panarin, Domi, Barkov, Nelson, Zucker, Monahan, Koivu, Draisaitl, Couture (IR)
    D - Carlson, Faulk, Ekblad, Vatanen, Lindholm, Krug
    G - Luongo, Jones, Rask

Dobber Sports Expert

The blue color of the sky is due to Rayleigh scattering. As light moves through the atmosphere, most of the longer wavelengths pass straight through. Little of the red, orange and yellow light is affected by the air.

However, much of the shorter wavelength light is absorbed by the gas molecules. The absorbed blue light is then radiated in different directions. It gets scattered all around the sky. Whichever direction you look, some of this scattered blue light reaches you. Since you see the blue light from everywhere overhead, the sky looks blue.

http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/sky_blue.html

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Gotlaid View Post
    The blue color of the sky is due to Rayleigh scattering. As light moves through the atmosphere, most of the longer wavelengths pass straight through. Little of the red, orange and yellow light is affected by the air.

However, much of the shorter wavelength light is absorbed by the gas molecules. The absorbed blue light is then radiated in different directions. It gets scattered all around the sky. Whichever direction you look, some of this scattered blue light reaches you. Since you see the blue light from everywhere overhead, the sky looks blue.

http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/sky_blue.html
    Thank you.
    10 Team One Year H2H Non-Playoff League
    Skaters: G, A, +/-, STP, ATOI, SOG, BLK, DEF Pts.
    Goalies: W, SO, Svs., SV%, GAA
    Daily Roster 9 Forwards 5 Defence 2 Goalies 2 UTIL count.
    F - Seguin, Voracek, Ladd, Little, Cammalleri, Panarin, Domi, Barkov, Nelson, Zucker, Monahan, Koivu, Draisaitl, Couture (IR)
    D - Carlson, Faulk, Ekblad, Vatanen, Lindholm, Krug
    G - Luongo, Jones, Rask

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey gotlaid, can you do a quick audit of my team below? Thanks

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by wlussf View Post
    Hey gotlaid, can you do a quick audit of my team below? Thanks
    F - solid core of Ovechkin, Datsyuk Kane... good support in Couture, Backes, Flash...

Stepan I think will step up this year in another year's worth of development.

Kunitz I think will take a step back this year. With Crosby back, I just don't see how they can fit that many high-end scorers in the line up, something has to give...

Parenteau I really like. JT and Moulson have really stepped up in their development and I think Parenteau will follow suit as well.

D - good core as well. I really like Carlson, Boyle, Edler...

Yandle I could see dropping a bit especially if Doan and Whitney leave, the forwards are going to be pretty bare...

Suter depending on where he lands. But I'm not a big fan of Suter if you've followed my ramblings the last month or so... I don't think he's a number 1 "stir-stick" D. He seems like a good complimentary player, but I don't know if I'd trust him to solely run an offense. So I'd be weary of him. Maybe see if you can swing a deal for an upgrade like a Byfuglien or Chara... Also in your league settings 2 points for a D-goal. Suter isn't a big goal producer so maybe you can use his "big name" status to see if you can land a sneaky trade for a Phaneuf/J.Johnson/Doughty type.

White same kinda deal. He's a solid number 2 guy, he was absolutely fantastic when Lidstrom was in the line up, as soon as Lidstrom was out, and he was asked to step up, and he was no where to be found. That's what I'm scared of. If Suter goes to Detroit, I might be inclined to package both in a deal and move them for 2 solid D, like AP and Shatty or something similiar... I don't think that Suter/White will work out, especially if he's put into a situation with such high expectations.

Rundblad/Elliott both young D, and will still need a bit of development but both have upside.

Hope it helps.
    Last edited by Maaaasquito; June 17, 2012 at 7:43 AM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

F - solid core of Ovechkin, Datsyuk Kane... good support in Couture, Backes, Flash...

Stepan I think will step up this year in another year's worth of development.

Kunitz I think will take a step back this year. With Crosby back, I just don't see how they can fit that many high-end scorers in the line up, something has to give...

Parenteau I really like. JT and Moulson have really stepped up in their development and I think Parenteau will follow suit as well.

D - good core as well. I really like Carlson, Boyle, Edler...

Yandle I could see dropping a bit especially if Doan and Whitney leave, the forwards are going to be pretty bare...

Suter depending on where he lands. But I'm not a big fan of Suter if you've followed my ramblings the last month or so... I don't think he's a number 1 "stir-stick" D. He seems like a good complimentary player, but I don't know if I'd trust him to solely run an offense. So I'd be weary of him. Maybe see if you can swing a deal for an upgrade like a Byfuglien or Chara... Also in your league settings 2 points for a D-goal. Suter isn't a big goal producer so maybe you can use his "big name" status to see if you can land a sneaky trade for a Phaneuf/J.Johnson/Doughty type.

White same kinda deal. He's a solid number 2 guy, he was absolutely fantastic when Lidstrom was in the line up, as soon as Lidstrom was out, and he was asked to step up, and he was no where to be found. That's what I'm scared of. If Suter goes to Detroit, I might be inclined to package both in a deal and move them for 2 solid D, like AP and Shatty or something similiar... I don't think that Suter/White will work out, especially if he's put into a situation with such high expectations.

Rundblad/Elliott both young D, and will still need a bit of development but both have upside.

Hope it helps.
    Thanks for the great analysis! Dmen don't really garner that much respect in our league, but 50-60 point players are what makes or breaks your club. A few GMs had 30-40 point players rounding out the bottom of their teams. That won't win you this league. But on the same note it's much harder to trade dmen too. Cheers.

Dobber Sports Pro

Yesssh tough one... because of your settings...

Brown's 294 hits would be equivalent to 15 goals or 30 assists more goals and that's the kicker for me, and I don't know if St. Louis or Carter would be 15 goals or 30 assists more than Brown...

Brown
    St. Louis
    Carter

Carter and St. Louis I think could be interchangeable, but Carter does have an injury history and is likely to miss at least a few games next season, which is why I slotted him down to third. St. Louis also missed Lecavalier for much of the second-half with Vinny's hand injury, which is why his production dropped a bit in the 2nd half, if Vinny is healthy and Stammy keeps doing what he's doing, he could be back to 90 point production, but not enough to offset Brown's 44 extra points from the hits though.
    Thank you sir
    12 Team, Head to Head Points Keeper League (Keep 7)
    G(3), A(2), PPP(0.75), SHP(1), HITS(0.15), BKS(0.1)
    W(3), SV(0.05), SO(3)

C (2), LW (2), RW (2), D (4), UTIL (1), G (2), BENCH (5)

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks for doing this!

If you have the time, I'd love a quick audit of the team in my sig.

Cheers!
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Dobber Sports Stud

Can you help me pick my keepers? League in my sig below, and we are changing GWG to HITs after this coming season.

Pick 6 F from:
    Backstrom, Getzlaf, Hall, Zetterberg, P.Kane, Benn, J.Staal, Skinner

Pick 3 D:
    Subban, Edler, Yandle, D.Boyle

Pick 1 Prospect from:
    Bernier, Turris, Stefan Elliot, Nyquist, Brendan Smith, Markstrom

Thoughts? Thanks!
    10 Team Yahoo Roto
    Keep 3F, 1D, 1G (to max 2 years unless franchise keeper)
    3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G,2BN,2IR Roto-play 85games/position
    Player: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, HIT, BS SOG, FW
    Goalie: W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: (F1) Tavares, Stastny, Carter
    LW: 1-Hall, Pacioretty, B.Schenn
    RW: Mackinnon, Nyquist, Hornqvist
    D: 1-Carlson, Josi, Faulk, Franson
    G: Andersen, Mason
    BN: Jones, Niemi

#- denotes number of years I have kept a player. 2 = I need to trade him this year, (F1) = Franchise Keeper, up to 4 years.

Dobber Sports Initiate

This is not for team/league in my signature.

12 team Roto Keeper ... I finished 5th of 12 last season

3C,3LW,3RW,4D,2G 5Bench, 8Farm

Skaters: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG
    Goalies: W, GAA, save%

Keep 10 of these 12:
    N.Backstrom
    M.Richards
    B. Ryan
    J.Neal
    B.Marchand
    L.Eriksson
    R.Callahan
    Z.Chara
    K.Letang
    O.E.Larsson
    H.Lundqvist
    J.Halak

Keep 8 of these 10:
    C.Kreider
    N.Niederreiter
    S.Baertschi
    C.Coyle
    J.Silfverberg
    B.Smith
    J.Morrow
    J.Schultz
    A.Lindback
    J.Enroth

Thanks for any help.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

An audit of my team would be lovely if you have the time.
    12 Team Dynasty H2H, Daily Starts
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits
    W, GAA, SV%, SV, SO

C: Malkin, Backstrom, Turris, Bozak
    LW: Ryan, Parise, Hartnell, Ladd
    RW: St. Louis, Voracek, Wheeler, Semin
    D: Phaneuf, Boyle, J. Johnson, Suter, Goligoski
    G: Lundqvist, Lehtonen, Scrivens, Neuvirth

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks for taking some questions. League in my sig. Our waivers start next Friday. I will likely dump Bert (he's actually been pretty decent producer for me considering his relatively low salary, but he has next to zero trade value as nobody wants him - plus I could stand to get a bit younger) and possibly Selanne (only if he announces his retirement this week). What order of the following guys would you put in for on waivers (I'm not that fussed about position, looking for best value player over the near future): Fasth (G), Khudobin (G), Gilbert (D), Frattin (F), Penner (F), Frolik (F), Hartikainen (F). There are also some fairly advanced prospects available (e.g. Holland, Maroon).

Also, if you see any other guys in my sig that you'd drop to get one of the above players, please let me know (I have won this pool the past few years and fee I'm still in contention next year).
    Last edited by His Dudeness; June 17, 2012 at 3:29 PM.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."