Thread: Price, Ward and Rask. Keep 2

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Price, Ward and Rask. Keep 2

Ok so my dilemma going into the draft this season is which goalies I should protect. I have the choice of Price, Ward or Rask-wtf do I do?

Goalie stats: W 10 pts, SO 3 pts, Shootout loss 3 pts, GA -1 pt, Save .2 pt
    12 GM Weekly H2H Points Based System Limited Keeper
    Start:6 FW, 4 D, 2 G
    +/- G=5pts A=3pts SOG=.2pt SHG=3pts Hattrick=5pts GA=-1pt S=.2pt SHOL=3pts SO=3pts W=10pts *Bonus point added to defenseman G or A

FW-Stamkos, Voracek, D.Sedin, H.Sedin, MacKinnon, Duchene
    D-Doughty, Carlson, Josi, Klingberg
    G-Rask, Price
    Bench-Henrique, Stastny, Yakupov, Zuccarello, Sekera, Gostisbehere, Beauchemin, Gustavsson, Condon, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy
    Keep 10(max 2 goalies)

Dobber Sports Expert

If Rask starts, Price and Rask. Not even a close call.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I'd go with Price Ward - proven vs Rask...
    12 team Keep 18 roster 25
    g,a,ppp,pim,GWG,sog, shp, +/-, fw W, so, sv%, gaa

C - Duchene, Scheifele, Galchenyuk
    LW - Hall, Kuznetsov, Huberdeau
    RW - Seguin, Nyqvist, Yakapov
    D - Ekblad, Hamilton, Rielly
    G - Holtby, Schnieder, Markstrom, Lehner

Farm: Eichel, D Strome, Dubois, Mantha, Dal Colle, Kapanen

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I as well will choose price and ward. Perhaps Canada's 1-2 at 2014 Olympics.
    8 teams. . Full keeper. 20 active 8 bench+ prospects
    Pts only. Win=3,SO=3

Sedin Vanek Coutoure
    Pavekski kesler spezza
    BRichards Gallagher Dupuis
    Skinner Desharnais Pacioretty
    Chara Edler
    OEL Boyle
    Hedman Markov
    Ward,Quick
    Atkinson,turris,Versteeg,Huberdeau,Schwartz,rEllis ,kipper,Elliot
    Backlund, granlund,Grigs,Loktionov, Stalock, schenn,coyle,Gardener,saad,Pulkinnen,Lehner,Jmorro ,

Dobber Sports Expert

I don't see how you can take Rask over either of the other 2. They're all young so even in raw keeper value they're basically a wash.

Ward had 564.2 points last year. Price had 495.8 in an abysmal year for MTL [in 10/11 Price put up 653.4 points]. We don't have a full season from Rask, but let's suppose he equals what Thomas did this year...541.4.

Here's my thing given your stats. Goalies that play 65+ games are going to be golden b/c they will earn more points via W/OTL/SO [losses don't hurt] and the points accumulated for additional saves will far outweigh the extra GA. For example, this past year Thomas only gave up 132 GA [again this is a potential Rask comparable] while Ward gave up 182 [Ward had an additional -50]. However Thomas' points from SV were 305.4 while Ward's were 392.2. Ward made up this gap by leaps and bounds.

Rask is unproven as a #1, has shown injury-prone tendencies, and BOS doesn't tend to play their G more than 55-60. Price is a workhorse and Ward has played 68 or more games in 4 of the last 5 years. Best case scenario Rask is going to be equal or a mildly better option in BOS [and that's assuming close to 60 GP].

The smart money is on the proven studs who are going to eat up a lot of starts and post you a lot of points...give me PRICE and WARD.
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Guru

I'd go with Price and Rask.

Price is the best goalie of the bunch so keeping him is a no-brainer for me. Ward is more proven than Rask but with the news of Thomas taking a year off means that Rask will be undisputed #1 for the Bruins starting next year. Boston is a lot better team than Carolina and Rask is equally if not more talented than Ward, so I'd have no issues taking him over Ward.
    UHL Pittsburgh Penguins

24 Team Fantrax Salary Cap H2H Dynasty League
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    , Hits, Blks, FOW
    W, GAA, SV, SV%, SO
    23 Man Roster - 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 3F, 6D, 1G, 4BN, 4IR
    27 Man Minor Team

C-
    Tavares, Stepan, Granlund, Bjugstad, Couturier
    LW- Ryan, Perron, Ennis, Killorn, Spaling
    RW-
    Wheeler, Simmonds, Coyle, Wingels, Shaw
    D-
    JJ, Schultz, Cowen, Muzzin, Bortuzzo, Stanton
    G- Lehtonen, Rämö

F: Lehterä, Wennberg,
    McNeill, de la Rose, Fast, Leivo, Arnold, Archibald, Lindström
    D: Gelinas, Beaulieu, Koekkoek, McCabe, Johns, Gryba
    G: Berra, Talbot, Brossoit, Ullmark, Lieuwen, Rynnäs

*UHL Champion 2014*

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by andrewklassen View Post
    I don't see how you can take Rask over either of the other 2. They're all young so even in raw keeper value they're basically a wash.

Ward had 564.2 points last year. Price had 495.8 in an abysmal year for MTL [in 10/11 Price put up 653.4 points]. We don't have a full season from Rask, but let's suppose he equals what Thomas did this year...541.4.

Here's my thing given your stats. Goalies that play 65+ games are going to be golden b/c they will earn more points via W/OTL/SO [losses don't hurt] and the points accumulated for additional saves will far outweigh the extra GA. For example, this past year Thomas only gave up 132 GA [again this is a potential Rask comparable] while Ward gave up 182 [Ward had an additional -50]. However Thomas' points from SV were 305.4 while Ward's were 392.2. Ward made up this gap by leaps and bounds.

Rask is unproven as a #1, has shown injury-prone tendencies, and BOS doesn't tend to play their G more than 55-60. Price is a workhorse and Ward has played 68 or more games in 4 of the last 5 years. Best case scenario Rask is going to be equal or a mildly better option in BOS [and that's assuming close to 60 GP].

The smart money is on the proven studs who are going to eat up a lot of starts and post you a lot of points...give me PRICE and WARD.
    Very nice analysis and one I wholly support.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hold on here, we've seen Rask as a starter in the past, taking the job from Thomas no less, on a Bruins team that was not as good as this one and he showed up with these stats: 45 GP, 22W, 5SO, 1.97GAA, .931SP.

If there is any chance he plays 60 games, and with Thomas' hiatus, there certainly is, the potential for something similar to these stats can't be ignored. He'd be worth more than Ward or Price.

Given Michel Therrien's defensive tendencies, you also have to think Price's stats will improve from last year. With Ward, how much improvement would you get from last year? I think he's third on this list.

Personally, I'd gamble on Rask and Price IF Rask is the starter
    Last edited by Loutzenheiser; June 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Price and Ward for me, easy call.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    Oddly, I consider Price the best goalie of the 3, but I would still take Ward and Rask. reason: I believe Montreal will be a bottom 5 team for the foreseeable future. Boston will be a top 10 team while Carolina should be somewhere between 13 and 16.
    LOL Montreal bottom 5 team and Carolina 13-16 ??? have you smoke some serious things to say that ?
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Ninja

In leagues like this, it's all about volume and less about quality of the team/goalie.

You want the 70+ game workhorses cause they'll pile up a decent amount of wins and they'll also see a ton of rubber so the saves will accumulate. His league puts very little weighting on ratios (small penalty for GA), so you want guys like Price, Ward, Quick, Hiller, etc.

If this were a league that had the standard W/GAA/SV%/SO format, then my answer would be diff, but given the OP's settings, it's Price and Ward easily.

Dobber Sports Ace

What a wonderful dilemma to have!

I'm with Blayze and quite a few others on this one... Price and Ward, but I won't lose any sleep taking any two of this three...all three are studs.

Plus the reason TT only got 55 starts is because they had Rask... Rask without TT means they run 60-65 with Rask easily.

I also think both Price and Ward will have more success this year than last.

You can't lose.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

So is the consensus still saying Price and Ward?

Shit...I am torn
    12 GM Weekly H2H Points Based System Limited Keeper
    Start:6 FW, 4 D, 2 G
    +/- G=5pts A=3pts SOG=.2pt SHG=3pts Hattrick=5pts GA=-1pt S=.2pt SHOL=3pts SO=3pts W=10pts *Bonus point added to defenseman G or A

FW-Stamkos, Voracek, D.Sedin, H.Sedin, MacKinnon, Duchene
    D-Doughty, Carlson, Josi, Klingberg
    G-Rask, Price
    Bench-Henrique, Stastny, Yakupov, Zuccarello, Sekera, Gostisbehere, Beauchemin, Gustavsson, Condon, Hellebuyck, Vasilevskiy
    Keep 10(max 2 goalies)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I wonder if Ward and Rask aren't the right call now?

Dobber Sports Demi-God

With Wins at 10pts... I'm going Rask & Ward.
    Montreal is awful, I'm not touching Price in any league this year.