Thread: Brendan Gaunce

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Brendan Gaunce

What does everyone think of Gaunce, power forward decent numbers ranked 7th by ISS. Looking at his stats and development I would compare him to Brandon Saad from Chicago who I will be targeting in this years draft in the 3rd-4th round hopefully.

What kind of value do you place on power forwards our league categories include G/A/PTS/+-/PIM/SOG/STP all the same point valuations and what kind of upside do Saad/Gaunce have?
    12 team H2H Keeper league 14 keepers 10 prospects
    Stats: G/A/PTS/+/SOG/PIM/STP/Wins/SO/GAA/SV%
    (Roster)Seguin, Couture, Johansen, OEL, Hamilton, Faulk, Simmonds, Saad, Gaborik, Subban, Hoffman, RNH, Andersen, Bobrovsky (Prospects) N. Ritchie, Virtanen, Campbell, Fucale, Kuznetsov, Gaudreau, Fluery, Nichushkin, Hertl ,

The Chiefs

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Saad's upside is higher.

Gaunce I see as a 40-50 point player at the NHL level.

Saad can reach 60+ if he's on the right line ....and he was with Toews and Kane last year.

Welcome to the Boards!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Gaunce will be nothing more then a 3rd line centre in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeynerd View Post
    Gaunce will be nothing more then a 3rd line centre in the NHL.
    He gives me the feeling I got with Ryan Kesler back when it was said he would only be an elite 3rd liner. It's the same feeling I had/have with guys like Ryan O'Reilly and Martin Hanzal. I think Gaunce has the ability to step into the NHL and play a 3rd line role while his game develops, but he easily has 2nd line upside.

A lot of things can happen in the next 10 years that allow him to reach or hinder him from reaching that upside. And likely a huge part of that is where he gets drafted.

Banned

Big fan of Gaunce. He will be a good 2nd liner in the NHL, and a great leader to boot. There's a ton of naysayers out there, but hard work and character wins in the end. I'll take him over some fancy-pants smaller forward every time.

Don't be surprised to see him go early in the draft

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Big fan of Gaunce. He will be a good 2nd liner in the NHL, and a great leader to boot. There's a ton of naysayers out there, but hard work and character wins in the end. I'll take him over some fancy-pants smaller forward every time.

Don't be surprised to see him go early in the draft
    Welcome to the boards my friend. I totally agree with Ev here. Gaunce is going to make an impact in the NHL. And I wouldnt be surprised if he goes earlier then expected.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Interesting reviews thanks for the advice, as well as the welcome to the boards ive posted a lot already and I love talking about Hockey as much as possible.

I had the same feeling on Gaunce, but as I take it prefer to take Saad, and if Gaunce is still availble grab him a few rounds after, I assume the same could be said about Radek Faska, killer first OHL season but there are a lot of other factors that could play into it...
    12 team H2H Keeper league 14 keepers 10 prospects
    Stats: G/A/PTS/+/SOG/PIM/STP/Wins/SO/GAA/SV%
    (Roster)Seguin, Couture, Johansen, OEL, Hamilton, Faulk, Simmonds, Saad, Gaborik, Subban, Hoffman, RNH, Andersen, Bobrovsky (Prospects) N. Ritchie, Virtanen, Campbell, Fucale, Kuznetsov, Gaudreau, Fluery, Nichushkin, Hertl ,

The Chiefs