Thread: { Trade } Sergio Santos

Jersey Girl

Default { Trade } Sergio Santos

Blue Jays acquire closer Sergio Santos in return the White Sox acquire SP prospect Hector Molina.

http://mlb.sbnation.com/2011/12/6/26...lue-jays-trade

Fantasy spin : Addison Reed value goes up for White Sox.

Dobber Sports Recruit

I heard the Blue Jays didn't want to trade Nestor Molina, but I guess they really like Sergio Santos. However, the Jays have a great number of pitching prospects. Very interesting trade.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Santos has a very friendly contract, and I'm sure Marco Paddy who is now with the White Sox had something to do with this.

Santos can throw the gas so as a Jays fan, let's hope this trade for a closer works out this time.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Who doesn't love a closer who misses bats? Sergio Santos struck out 92 batters in 63 1/3 innings last year. He's got to cut down on the walks a bit, but his stuff is legit, he's got a friendly contract and he's just 28 years of age. He's not a top-10 closer, but he's a solid No. 2.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Santos is also good friends with Adam Lind and Ricky Romero, he used to be a prospect for the Jays. They asked to him to consider pitching, but he didn't want to. Santos hit .183 for the team in AAA in 2008 before being claimed on waivers by the Twins. He then signed with the White Sox who converted him to a pitcher and the rest is history.