Thread: { Trade } Ty Wigginton

Jersey Girl

Default { Trade } Ty Wigginton

Not a blockbuster, but Rockies trade Ty Wigginton to Phillies for player to be named later or cash. Insurance for Howard / Polanco.

http://twitter.com/#!/jonmorosi

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Deal makes a lot of sense for Philly, he can cover first for Howard, 3rd for Polanco, 2nd for Utley and OF in a pinch. All these infielders figure to miss more time than most and he can move around from position to position for scheduled days off. I was hoping Mayberry might get more time @ 1st but that remains to be seen

Jersey Girl

Quote Originally Posted by fastdogs View Post
    Deal makes a lot of sense for Philly, he can cover first for Howard, 3rd for Polanco, 2nd for Utley and OF in a pinch. All these infielders figure to miss more time than most and he can move around from position to position for scheduled days off. I was hoping Mayberry might get more time @ 1st but that remains to be seen

Welcome to the forum fastdogs!!

Dobber Sports Rookie

This was a small but great deal for the Phillies. Less expensive than Cuddyer and a similar player.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec