Thread: Latos status?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Latos status?

Anyone know ? Was some talk during a draft tonight a 60 day dl was possible. Did a search online and only saw he threw a side session yesterday. Dunno what to think but after learning of his tantrums this spring I dont think as highly of him as I did. Maybe a case of maturity perhaps?

Dobber Sports Recruit

All I found:

"Padres pitching coach Darren Balsley said Mat Latos' (shoulder) side session Saturday was "great, fantastic."

Latos was also very pleased with the session, saying, "I haven't felt that good all spring." The right-hander will pitch in a minor league game Monday and throw a side session Wednesday or Thursday at PETCO Park before the Padres decide what next to do with him. If all goes well, he could be back sometime in the middle of the month"

http://twitter.com/sdutPadres/status/54239658812506112

Dobber Sports Recruit

Thanks Hyde - saw the same thing.. Methinks some indraft posturing was afoot.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Just a heads up guys, I'm going to address Latos and his fantasy value in an article that's expected to run Tuesday. A two-word preview: Not good.

Mike Schmidt

DobberBaseball Writer

Dobber Sports Recruit

Interesting. I snatched from the WW in one of my leagues and threw him on the DL. I thought why not? I'd keep him on there even after a couple of starts.

Interested in that article now

Dobber Sports Recruit

By the way:

"Mat Latos will likely make his season debut in upcoming series against the Reds"