Thread: Brian Roberts

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Brian Roberts

As mentioned in the ramblings, Brian Roberts, Vice President of the Certified Band-Aid Boys, Second Base Division (I laughed out loud to that line. Nice one), is sitting out with a stiff neck. Here's what I just read on rotoworld this morning:

"Brian Roberts (neck) will sit out workouts again on Thursday.

Roberts slept wrong on Tuesday night and woke up with a stiff neck on Wednesday. The Orioles don't think it's related to his back issue from last season, but will naturally take it easy it with him in the early part of spring training"

Solution: Don't sleep?

My solution is don't draft him :P

Dobber Sports Rookie

For where you probably have to draft Brian Roberts it's not worth the risk.

Dobber Sports All-Star

To be fair it is actually quite common for players in all sports to get a stiff neck from sleeping on it wrong. I know I have done it a couple of times and considering how early it is in training camp, no reason not to rest it. The O's are just being cautious with him, thats all. Roberts would be a soild player to get in the draft if you decide to wait until the latter rounds to get a 2B. He's older, but he should be good for steals, solid average and with a better offence around him, should score lots of runs.

goldfish47

I love when stories like Roberts' stiff neck make headlines. It should slide Roberts down a round or 2 in drafts this year, where I'll gladly scoop up the eop 5 2B.