Thread: Wainwright possible tommy-john surgery

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Wainwright possible tommy-john surgery

Wainwright is on his way back to St. Louis to have his right elbow examined.

From MLStew:

"General manager John Mozeliak said he believes it is a "significant injury" and the early word is "not encouraging."

Tommy John surgery is one alternative to repair the damage that Wainwright is being checked for.

"After his bullpen on Monday he did feel something in his right elbow," Mozeliak said. "I can say just based on the initial evaluation from our training staff, things do not look encouraging. But before jump to any conclusions we'll just wait until the re-evaluation this afternoon."

BRUTAL news for Wainy owners, the Cards and Wainwright himself if it turns out to be TJ.

Dobber

Wow - huge if that bad. And I don't know if Carpenter is good for 16 wins anymore.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    And I don't know if Carpenter is good for 16 wins anymore.
    I wouldn't bank on it either.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Just rambling about it right now. Huge blow for any team that loses their ace.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Everyone has been worried about this guy having some kind of arm injury and it just happened, his throwing motion scared me off enough. He's great when healthy, but this could be a career threatening injury.

Dobber Sports Recruit

By the way...

Mozeliak confirms Wainwright will have Tommy John surgery.

http://twitter.com/BJRains/status/40802943712247808

AWFUL news. I'm just glad I haven't submitted my list of keepers to one league yet....he was on it!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Yucky. The Felix Hernandez of the National League is gone. All of a sudden, the Cardinals rotation is terrible.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    By the way...

Mozeliak confirms Wainwright will have Tommy John surgery.

http://twitter.com/BJRains/status/40802943712247808

AWFUL news. I'm just glad I haven't submitted my list of keepers to one league yet....he was on it!
    Very unfortunate, he's been so good and he has resurrected his career in St. Louis after a short stay in Atlanta. Lets hope he's ready to go for next season.