Thread: A-Gone gone, gone?

Dobber Sports Novice

Default A-Gone gone, gone?

Now that ESPN, the mouth piece of Yankee and Boston homers everywhere, is reporting it is all but done (Adrian Gonzalez to Boston) I have a few of questions:

1) Does this dramatically increase his fantasy value?

I am not sure it increases his too much (there is a measurable increase for sure especially going from the NL to the AL), but to what extent I am not sold it is going to be as gianormous as some say it is.

I think the bigger increase is Youk moving to 3B full time. 3B position scarcity what it is and all

2) Did San Diego really mess up by trading him now and not in season, closer to the deadline, to maximize his cost (assuming Boston was still looking to add in July)?

If I were the owner/GM I would be waiting for desperate to win now teams at the trade deadline. I am waiting to see the official deal and see what he the Padres get back, but the Padres march to the beat of a different drum and it appears to be working at times.
    My Team is Better Than Yours!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

im working up an article on the impact, but in short, yes, it does for his value what you're hearing

yea youk only played two games at third this year, so getting that eligibility back is great for his value as well

im not sure the pads couldve done much better. while the sox could be in a heated al east race come the deadline and be desperate for a bat like gonzo's, at that point theyre only getting 200 AB out of him for the remainder of the year. they wouldnt part with the caliber and/or number of prospects that they did today.

though i suppose its possible that they couldve landed one really big prospect from someone at the deadline

thanks, this gave me a few more thoughts for the article!

Dobber Sports Rookie

If they got Casey Kelly then it's a good starting piece. When I hear all the pieces I will comment. Remember, Towers came from the Red Sox organization, so he knows these guys.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

As a Jays fan...I'm rattled.