Thread: Upton a Blue Jay?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Upton a Blue Jay?

Jays fans, thoughts on the possibility of Justin Upton coming to town in a deal involving Kyle Drabek? Even with off years from Hill and Lind, Toronto's offense was still Top 10. After seeing what a sub-4.00 ERA did for the Rays, I think I'd hold on to Drabek / pitching in general. If anyone "oozes talent" it's Upton, but he also oozes injury risk (53 games missed over the last two seasons).

Dobber

Lots of Drabek fans up here. We haven't been this excited about a prospect since Delgado. A lot of people are hoping for the next Halliday. I think trading him will be a PR nightmare

Dobber Sports Rookie

I don't think it will be a PR nightmare. Basically the trade turns into Justin Upton, Anthony Gose & Travis D'Arnaud for Roy Halladay.

Like that outlook much better than Drabek. I think Drabek is going to be a good pitcher, but he's not going to be a front line starter.

Upton's salary is manageable, but think Fielder would be a better fit. Addresses our need at first base, a legit #4 bat, and he's left handed which is perfect.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I'd move Drabek + for Upton in a second.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Upton for Drabek +would be genius for the Jays!!

goldfish47

The D-Backs are looking for the deal of the century to trade Upton. I don't think Drabek + will get it done, though I'd do that deal in a second if I were Toronto. Drabek already has a history of arm trouble, and Upton's a bird in the hand. My guess is that Upton doesn't get dealt... and if he does, it's because somebody over-spent ridiculously to make it happen.