Thread: A-Rod Out Until May With Hip Surgery

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default A-Rod Out Until May With Hip Surgery

Big News:

A-Rod expected to undergo hip surgery and out until May :O
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

...from A\'Rod to ASteroid to A\'cyst...

conflicting reports have him out anywhere from 6-10 weeks.

just when you thought 1st round fantasy picks were getting stale to talk about... :side: let the forums discussions begin!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Even 10 weeks seems like a short time recovering from something that was on your hip. You\'d have to think his power and overall numbers will take a hit on average.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Recruit

agreed.

as Tom Emanski\'s tutorials reveal, a true baseball swing is all about the hips - and if a guy of aRods caliber has hip problems, thats pretty huge for the normalizing of his swing/feel/touch that he\'s used to and not just the healing process...

Dobber Sports Recruit

i just heard a report on 1050am that Brian Cashman announced that it\'s a torn-labrum (and a cyst found as well) but they will be looking to rehab it and work around it instead of opting for surgery.

stay tuned...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

If you were in a 8 team league, when would you draft A-rod?? I am asking because of his injury..