Thread: Big trade offer!!!

Default Big trade offer!!!

i would get:
    Dunn-1b/OF
    Roberts-2b i need some help in SB which he helps in.
    and Matsuzaka-SP

I give:
    Martin-C
    Wright-3B I\'m Deep at 3B but im nervous about trding away my best player

Dobber Sports Rookie

I wouldn\'t do that deal. I\'m generally not a fan of 3-2 trades, as it\'s easier for the team trading away 3 players to pick up someone decent off the waiver wire.

General rule of thumb, if you\'re giving up the best player, you don\'t want to do that deal.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Wright and martin are arguably the two most valuable players in the deal (depending on format).

Not a chance I pull the trigger on this one.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If you are giving up the best player, you need to be getting the 2nd and 3rd best players in the deal back. You are giving up the top 2 in the deal for the lesser three.

Either get two very good players for one great player (if you have room and little on the waivers to choose from) or get a ton of depth in return for one star. This trade gives you way too little depth to justify giving up the top two in the deal. Maybe if there were two more solid players in there or something but even then, roster issues become an issue.

Consolidation is generally the key or a huge overpay is in order for just one star not two.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

ive just got this trde proposed to me:
    I get Roy Oswalt (SP)
    I give A.Ramirez (3b)

imported_shallowfrozenwater

again you\'re giving up the best player. i\'d pass on that one too

ya i did, im trying to get Zambrano for Mora.

Wfactor wrote:
    ive just got this trde proposed to me:
    I get Roy Oswalt (SP)
    I give A.Ramirez (3b)
    Glad you passed on this one as well....

Wfactor wrote:
    ya i did, im trying to get Zambrano for Mora.
    This one would be in your favour. I wouldn\'t do it from the Zambrano side.

Dobber Sports Padawan

yeah trade Mora for Zam if you can. you are stacked at 3b and another SP would be good

Dobber Sports Rookie

You might also want to go the route of keeping all 3 and loading up on your power, and plucking guys off the waiver wire.
    Keeper League:

F) N.Backstrom, E.Malkin, V.Lecavalier, P.Mueller, A.Mcdonald, B.Boyes, A.Hemsky, S.Horcoff, K.Turris, D.Jeffrey, M.Perreault, C.O'Reilly, S.Upshall, M.Erat, S.Gagne, D.Legwand D) S.Souray, M.Streit, A.Babchuk, T.Gilbert, I.Cole, J.Hillen, M.Methot G) B.Elliott, S.Varlamov, C.Ward, J.Reimer P) N.Kadri, E.Kuznetsov, S.Shirokov, V.Tarasenko, J.Blum, OEL, J.Moore, O.Pavelec