Thread: Poll Thoughts: Can\'t miss failure to star?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Poll Thoughts: Can\'t miss failure to star?

Who did you vote for and why? I am really torn on these guys. Some haven\'t received as much opportunities as others like Gordon and Weeks but they all stink.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I took Hughes.

He showed excellent promise last year and then this year I really expected him to break out before he got injured. I\'m willing to write this season off to injury and give him another shot next season...

As for the others, none of them have really shown any real promise &/or have had tons of opportunities and continue to put up just OK numbers.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I\'m extremely torn about the whole lot. I guess I do know that Marte and Bailey are last in my book. They are big disappointments.
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Newbie

I voted Hughes and it was a pretty easy decision.

khanadian wrote:
    I took Hughes.

He showed excellent promise last year and then this year I really expected him to break out before he got injured. I\'m willing to write this season off to injury and give him another shot next season...

As for the others, none of them have really shown any real promise &/or have had tons of opportunities and continue to put up just OK numbers.
    Problem with Hughes is that I dont feel he will ever really shake these injuries. He has shown flashes of brilliance (other\'s on the list really haven\'t yet), but I dont think can be a stud if he\'s on the DL all the time ---- unreliable.

For that reason, I went with Wood. I am in by no means a Wood supporter, nor am I an owner. He has started to come around with the bat again, showing some of that promise he displayed in 2004(?). Though I dont think he will be the monster MLB player that he was in that AA season, I do feel he has a chance to become the best of the bunch on this list.

J Status wrote:
    I\'m extremely torn about the whole lot. I guess I do know that Marte and Bailey are last in my book. They are big disappointments.
    +1 here.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Porter wrote:
    khanadian wrote:
    I took Hughes.

Problem with Hughes is that I dont feel he will ever really shake these injuries. He has shown flashes of brilliance (other\'s on the list really haven\'t yet), but I dont think can be a stud if he\'s on the DL all the time ---- unreliable.

For that reason, I went with Wood. I am in by no means a Wood supporter, nor am I an owner. He has started to come around with the bat again, showing some of that promise he displayed in 2004(?). Though I dont think he will be the monster MLB player that he was in that AA season, I do feel he has a chance to become the best of the bunch on this list.
    It was 2005 just FYI. Yeah I\'m leaning that way with my article convincing me lol :silly:

I guess Hughes has done the least to hurt his value but DL isn\'t fun. That one no hitter attempt miss was tragic with the injury. I think that still leaves a nice image in many peoples minds so he will likely runaway with the voting.

Yes it was 2005.

I will agree that Hughes has done the least to hurt his value other than to continuously get hurt.