Poll: Eastern Conference Quarterfinals: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33

Thread: Eastern Conference Quarterfinals: (1) New York Rangers vs (8) Ottawa Senators

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Great game 7. Great series. Well done Sens. Anderson played real well (and I'm glad he came back to shake hands at the end).

Now, I look forward to seeing more of the Stepan-Callahan-Kreider line. The Caps will get SaCKed!

(early morning attempt at humor, I'm sorry)

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'm joining team golf......I am excited for the sens future, and agree this experience for the young kids is very valuable and make them hungry come Pre-Season. That being said, I'm super disappointed. Ottawa was the better team, Anderson played great. But, with Lundqvist and the stifling defense its nearly impossible to come back in the third period when all 5 Rag players are waiting in the defensive zone.

Only 3 players with over 50 points of all the winning teams in the west??? Scary stuff.

End rant

Quote Originally Posted by SK47 View Post
    Ottawa was the better team, Anderson played great. But, with Lundqvist and the stifling defense its nearly impossible to come back in the third period when all 5 Rag players are waiting in the defensive zone.

End rant
    Granted I'm a Rangers fan and I'd be pissed too had the Rangers lost last night but, come on, Ottawa the better team? I see people say that - oh, Ottawa is the better team, if it weren't for Lundqvist the Rangers wouldn't do so well. Well, Lundqvist plays for the Rangers, doesn't he?

The Rangers are a well-balanced team. Elite goalie, young and talented d-men and strong core of offense. And most importantly, they are a tight team led by Callahan, a fantastic hockey player and a guy from Upstate NY to boot.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Especially with how the city and surrounding areas are rallying behind the Jays these days.
    It's always like that near the start of the season... it'll die down soon enough

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by cbergeron View Post
    Granted I'm a Rangers fan and I'd be pissed too had the Rangers lost last night but, come on, Ottawa the better team? I see people say that - oh, Ottawa is the better team, if it weren't for Lundqvist the Rangers wouldn't do so well. Well, Lundqvist plays for the Rangers, doesn't he?

The Rangers are a well-balanced team. Elite goalie, young and talented d-men and strong core of offense. And most importantly, they are a tight team led by Callahan, a fantastic hockey player and a guy from Upstate NY to boot.
    They showed their potential last night. It was a gritty win that the Rangers and their fans should be happy about. I think the Rangers take Washington next round.

I'm happy the underdog Sens made a good series out if it. Ottawa took the East champs the distance, but came up short. Six of the seven games were decided by a single goal. Well played on both sides!

Quote Originally Posted by The Messier Scowl View Post
    They showed their potential last night. It was a gritty win that the Rangers and their fans should be happy about. I think the Rangers take Washington next round.

I'm happy the underdog Sens made a good series out if it. Ottawa took the East champs the distance, but came up short. Six of the seven games were decided by a single goal. Well played on both sides!
    Agree. I don't want to take anything away from what the Sens did during this series. They played great hockey and scared the shit out of Rangers fans like me. Future looks bright for the Sens (I have Anderson in my keeper league and I look forward to seeing him post great numbers next year!)

Past 2 games, Rangers played Rangers hockey. They've played like this almost all season long and when they do, they are very hard to beat.

Banned

let's just say Ranger hockey is one that I wouldn't want my team to play. You will not win a Cup by waiting for the other team to make mistakes and just standing there blocking shots. Good luck in the next rounds because it will be a grind. You can only block so many shots without getting fatigued and worn down.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    let's just say Ranger hockey is one that I wouldn't want my team to play. You will not win a Cup by waiting for the other team to make mistakes and just standing there blocking shots. Good luck in the next rounds because it will be a grind. You can only block so many shots without getting fatigued and worn down.
    Sour grapes?
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by littleranger View Post
    Sour grapes?
    No. They were the better team, I just don't like their style of play. They are playing with fire. Even a well respected NHLer like Calle Johansson said he doesn't like the way they play.

Dobber Sports Veteran

No. They were the better team, I just don't like their style of play. They are playing with fire. Even a well respected NHLer like Calle Johansson said he doesn't like the way they play.
    What team will he be cheering for in the 2nd round lol
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

I take issue with this statement. That is not how the Rangers play. They sustained their offense well into the 3rd last night and were creating chances until the end (they were stuck in their zones a couple of times in the 3rd, perhaps you thought it was intentional). Of course, they tighten up at the end of each game to protect a lead, most teams do that but they don't play that way the entire game.

I think you're missing out on the Rangers. They play high-quality hockey (most of the time).