View Poll Results: Who's your favourite?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Roman Josi

14 33.33%
  • Dmitry Orlov

28 66.67%
  • Calvin De Haan

0 0%

Thread: Josi, Orlov or De Haan?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Josi, Orlov or De Haan?

Which of these guys do you like best with the categories in my sig? I love Josi, this kid looks great in Nashville and he could play along side Weber/Suter next year (if one of them leaves the Preds). Don't know much about Orlov and De Haan, because I don't really follow the Caps and Isles.
    League
    Rotisserie
    10 Teams
    Keep 1 G, 2 D, 3 F + 2 rookies (1-82 regular season games)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G

Categories
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, PIM, HIT, BLK
    W, SO, GAA, SV%

Dobber Sports Grand Master

De Haan doesn't belong with these other two. Josi and Orlov are both great but I'd take Orlov over Josi for sure.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Points only I'd go with Orlov. With your categories I'd go with Josi.
    Points only keeper league
    7 teams
    28 keepers
    Weekly line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=2 / SO=2

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    De Haan doesn't belong with these other two. Josi and Orlov are both great but I'd take Orlov over Josi for sure.
    Dead on! I do think Josi will be more valuable than Orlov in your format so I'd go with him. They have similar upsides, but Orlov probably has more value in a league that doesn't include hits. This is really Josi's first year and he's doing pretty well for himself I'd say.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Star

For both guys, a LOT depends on what happens in the off season.

WAS could blow it up, opening the door for Orlov and Suter could (pray) leave, opening the door for Josi to slide in beside Weber.

Given that Suter leaving is more likely than the Caps shipping Green, I'd roll with Josi to seize the better opportunity and run with it.

Hope so anyway
    20 Team Dynasty League - POINTS ONLY (Champion - 2017, 2016, 2015)

Goalie: W (3.5) SO (4) L (-1)
    Daily starts: 9 Fwd, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Guentzel Tkachuk Larkin
    Couture Palmieri Zucker
    Wilson Beauvillier Labanc
    Leivo Joseph Sprong

Barrie Morrissey Montour
    Butcher Murray Bayreuther

Fleury
    Domingue

Dobber Sports Sage

I think Josi is a fine prospect but I don't see him putting up numbers in Nashville. He is imo there 5th best option offensively on the backend. With Ellis and Blum both being ahead of him (PP wise) even if Suter leaves.

Orlov is for sure the better option. I think he is the better player even...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I like orlov the most out of the three but i think josi is ahead of both blum and ellis. Check out his stats in the AHL at age 20 and this year in the NHL. The closest comparsion I can find is Alex Edler, and i believe this is exactly
    what he'll turn out to be in a coiple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I think Josi is a fine prospect but I don't see him putting up numbers in Nashville. He is imo there 5th best option offensively on the backend. With Ellis and Blum both being ahead of him (PP wise) even if Suter leaves.

Orlov is for sure the better option. I think he is the better player even...

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by scimo View Post
    I like orlov the most out of the three but i think josi is ahead of both blum and ellis. Check out his stats in the AHL at age 20 and this year in the NHL. The closest comparsion I can find is Alex Edler, and i believe this is exactly
    what he'll turn out to be in a coiple of years.
    I think he is a head of them over all at this point but his offensive potental is just not as high as either of there's (Ellis even more so). Ellis is just the type/size of D-men that was going to take a little more time.

You could be right about Blum though...
    "My Name Is My Name" ~Marlo
    "I'm just a Gangster I suppose and I want my fu***** corners"~ Barksdale

grammar Nazi
    Noun
    (slang, idiomatic) 1. A person who habitually corrects or criticizes the language usage of others, especially in situations where it is unnecessary, e.g. an informal conversation.
    Notes: This behavior is almost always found in people with very low I.Q's, whom have a very low sense of self worth. Impotence is also commonly linked to Grammar Nazi's.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Dead on! I do think Josi will be more valuable than Orlov in your format so I'd go with him. They have similar upsides, but Orlov probably has more value in a league that doesn't include hits. This is really Josi's first year and he's doing pretty well for himself I'd say.
    Orlov like you say has more offensive upside.

hits? Hmmm

Orlov 60GP 99Hits
    Josi 52GP 33 hits

Not so sure Josi's even better in a hits league.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I am taking Orlov.

Why even bother with Josi? All I am hearing is: If Weber, Suter, Blum, Ellis, etc. were all not in Nashville then Josi would be awesome. Well they are all there, they aren't all leaving. Either Weber or Suter will probably leave, leaving 3 of those guys there.

Take Orlov, more points, more hits, and a better opportunity for top PP minutes!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Kessel50 View Post
    Orlov like you say has more offensive upside.

hits? Hmmm

Orlov 60GP 99Hits
    Josi 52GP 33 hits

Not so sure Josi's even better in a hits league.
    Wow, didn't realize that. Good find! In that case, Orlov is your guy!
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am not so sure that either blum or ellis has higher offensive upside than Josi, at least I am not convinced yet. Only studs put up the kinda stats in the AHL at age 20 like Josi did. I actually saw a him play a few times and i think his offensive game is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabybuda View Post
    I think he is a head of them over all at this point but his offensive potental is just not as high as either of there's (Ellis even more so). Ellis is just the type/size of D-men that was going to take a little more time.

You could be right about Blum though...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The fact is Josi has been playing heavy and meaningful minutes even with both weber and suter in the lineup and doing well. My prediction is that he'll be awesome with or without both weber amd suter in the lineup next year. 30-35 points if both stay and 40 plus points within 2 years if one of them leaves. The Nashville coaches wouldn't give a 21 years old player like Josi such heavy minutes without knowing that he's good, now and beyond.

BUT, I believed Orlov still has the highest upside fantasy wise, as I mentioned before.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I am taking Orlov.

Why even bother with Josi? All I am hearing is: If Weber, Suter, Blum, Ellis, etc. were all not in Nashville then Josi would be awesome. Well they are all there, they aren't all leaving. Either Weber or Suter will probably leave, leaving 3 of those guys there.

Take Orlov, more points, more hits, and a better opportunity for top PP minutes!!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I am taking Orlov.

Well said.

The poll shouldnt even be that close.

Administrator

I think the poll results are correct. Orlov #1, Josi is a clear #2 and de Haan is a full class below.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust