Thread: Rask or Schneider

Administrator

Default Rask or Schneider

Just wondering which one people would rather own as an asset in a dynasty league. Which one gets his real chance first and which one can run the farthest with the ball once they have it?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

We've actually seen what Rask can do as a full time starter and he was really good. I'd be all in on him because of how promising the future looks in Boston and he is likely to stay there. Schneider could end up goaltending in Columbus and that frightens me.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say Rask was a "full time starter" having played 45 games, but it's still more than Schneider.

In the short term Schneider may have the better opportunity if he gets dealt to a half-decent team, but long-term I've gotta go with Rask here.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I like Rask since he is being groomed for a good consistently competitive team in Boston.

Schnieder could go anywhere, and although a great prospect, a lot of his productivity could depend on the team system that he plays in. If he stays in Vancouver it could make this decision a coin flip.
    UFHP - Y! 12 GMs - 23/8 pro/farm - keep 17 + all farm
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, FW; GS, W, L, GA, GAA, SA, SV, SV%, SHO

C: Backstrom, Crosby, Little, Zetterberg, Rask
    LW: Foligno, Ehlers, Skinner, Hartnell, Jokinen, Ladd
    RW: Tarasenko, Kessel, Nash, Marner
    D: Keith, Karlsson, Klingberg, Werenski, Barrie, Manson
    G: Price, Murray, Andersen

Farm:
    C: Keller
    LW: Fiala, Heinen
    RW: Gurianov
    D: Sergachev, Beaulieu, Manning, Borowiecki
    G: Forsberg, Driedger

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    I think it's a bit of a stretch to say Rask was a "full time starter" having played 45 games, but it's still more than Schneider.

In the short term Schneider may have the better opportunity if he gets dealt to a half-decent team, but long-term I've gotta go with Rask here.
    Look at the game log. From New Years onward in 2009-10 he was their full time starter. That means four straight months of the team leaning on him. He brought them to the playoffs won them a playoff round and was a historic meltdown away from winning a second round. He started 39 games that season, along with another 13 in the playoffs. It may be only half a season's worth of work but he proved that for weeks and months on end that he can be the guy night in night out.

I'll agree that it doesn't prove he has the stamina to do it for a full season but as we've seen in recent years there are very few goaltenders who have the stamina to be an elite goaltender for more than 60 games in a season. I won't hold him to that standard. He's proven he can give you 50+ games worth of elite goaltending in a season. It's not a stretch to picture 60.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Stud

What if Luongo was traded and Schneider stayed in Vancouver... that in my opinion would arguably make Schneider more valuable than Rask..
    8 Team Yahoo Weekly H2H (1yr)
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN, 3IR
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, L, GA, GAA, SV, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Eric Staal, Getzlaf, Ribeiro
    LW: Lupul (LW,RW), Hartnell, Elias (C,LW), Cammalleri (C,LW), Ott (C,LW)
    RW: Malkin (C,RW), Backes (C,RW), Seguin (C,RW), Callahan
    D: Pietrangelo, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Bouwmeester, Streit, Burns (D,RW), Wisniewski
    G: Rask, Backstrom, Bobrovsky
    IR: Spezza (C), Oshie (C,RW)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by khiyasu View Post
    What if Luongo was traded and Schneider stayed in Vancouver... that in my opinion would arguably make Schneider more valuable than Rask..
    In the short term yes, but Boston is loaded with prospects and still has a very young core.

To answer the post, if I had to pick now I would go with Rask. But if, for instance I owned both in a keeper league and wanted to deal one, I would obviously wait until the summer to see how things pan out.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    In the short term yes, but Boston is loaded with prospects and still has a very young core.

To answer the post, if I had to pick now I would go with Rask. But if, for instance I owned both in a keeper league and wanted to deal one, I would obviously wait until the summer to see how things pan out.
    I think Rask is in a better situation, we still do not know how Schneider will play under a bigger load but he has been a stud this season. Rask has the clear and more secure opportunity at Boston to shine.

Schneider definitely has talent and could potentially fare better than Rask. However, there are too many unknowns and right now, the much safer and much better bet is Rask. We know what to expect but with Schneider, who knows what will happen. Definitely Rask for me for now but just wanted to say that for arguments sake
    8 Team Yahoo Weekly H2H (1yr)
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN, 3IR
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, L, GA, GAA, SV, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Eric Staal, Getzlaf, Ribeiro
    LW: Lupul (LW,RW), Hartnell, Elias (C,LW), Cammalleri (C,LW), Ott (C,LW)
    RW: Malkin (C,RW), Backes (C,RW), Seguin (C,RW), Callahan
    D: Pietrangelo, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Bouwmeester, Streit, Burns (D,RW), Wisniewski
    G: Rask, Backstrom, Bobrovsky
    IR: Spezza (C), Oshie (C,RW)

Dobber Sports Novice

Default rask all the way

i'm also in a keeper league and i picked up Rask,Tim Thomas is 38 yrs old ,if boston goes on a long run in the playoffs that will take it's toll on Thomas, I also think that Rask will take over during the playoffs (if healthy)
    salming,simply the best.

Administrator

Looks like I have to go with Schneider in the trade. I would have to give up OEL. It's a sim league which attempts to mirror NHL value. Anyone object to this?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

OEL is a stud. Depending on your league, your goalies and defenders, I would object.

EDIT: I would also prefer Rask over Schneider, but that is because I drafted him in 2008 and held onto him ever since #biased
    Last edited by Mr. Guru; March 23, 2012 at 4:42 PM.

Dobber Sports Pro

I would go Schneider. He has been lights out.
    Rask appears to have mental issues, he flips out way to often and that concerns me. Schneider should be referred to as the "iceman"
    he never gets worked up
    IDHL League 28 team H2H league multicat full keeper
    Rebuilding

Cooley, Guenther, Hoglander, Lundell, Quinn, Voronkov, Stankoven, Carlsson

Hutson, Zellweger, Clarke, KA Miller, Xhekai, Malinski, Thrun

Dostal, Hofer

Beck, Bolduc, Dumais, Gaucher, Gunler, Pervalov
    Ufko, Benning, Del Mastro, Peart, Grudinin
    Zherenko