Thread: Do I start Bryz and Varly tonight? REP FOR INPUT!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Do I start Bryz and Varly tonight? REP FOR INPUT!

Stats to date from league in sig. - Playoff semis:

Goals Assists +/- PIM PPP GWG Wins SVV% GAA SO
    Me 7 12 +9 14 5 1 1 .933 1.47 0
    Villain 5 8 -4 4 6 0 2 .932 1.98 0

I'm leading 7-2 right now overall, series ends Sunday night. I've got Bryzzy (WAS) and Varlamov (@PHX) tonight, I've been around the Goalie post and they look like decent starts. He's got Lundqvist, Theodore, and Vokoun (DTD) and they each have two more starts coming.

He's had three starts to date, and I've had two, which are both at league minimum.

I can post any extra info. if it helps, I have to decide by seven!

Oh Dobber faithful, never have you steered me in the wrong direction, what is the most educated decision here? (Oh and rep haha)
    12 Team H2H Limited Keeper (Five any)
    18 Players - 2 C, 2 RW, 2 LW, 4 D, 2 G, 1 UTL 5 Bench
    Skater Stats: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, Hits, SOG
    Goalie Stats: Ws, GAA, SV%, SO

C: Backstrom(K), Bergeron, McDavid, Lee
    LW: Pacioretty(K), Benn(K), Kunitz
    RW: Johansen(K), Perron,
    D: Shattenkirk(K), Boychuk, Yandle, Niskanen, Franson, J.Schultz
    G: Andersen, Elliott, Howard

Dobber Sports Star

You have to start Bryz, he hasnt let in anymore than 2 goals a game for the past 12 games.
    Plus he has a chance to win every game. That doesn't mean he will but that is my assessment.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Ballsakic View Post
    You have to start Bryz, he hasnt let in anymore than 2 goals a game for the past 12 games.
    Plus he has a chance to win every game. That doesn't mean he will but that is my assessment.
    Bryz is a must start because of what Ballsakic said, but I would also go with Varlamov considering he has 10 wins in his last 12 starts!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hasty response! Small sample size, but I'm going to roll with your opinions! Not worried whether it works out or not, just have to make the best decision based on what we know right! Thanks guys, between my posts and reading here I've never been led astray since learning about the Dobber community

edit: REP for all!

Dobber Sports Superstar

My opinion, you're winning the matchup with your skaters, and you probably have SV% and GAA locked up right now (although you never know with Lundqvist, but .933 will be hard to beat, or for you to improve on). Chances are neither of you hit a shutout, and he already has the lead in wins. Looks to me like you have a chance to lose 2 categories or gain in 1.

I would bench your goalies rest of the week unless you get into a situation where you need to play catchup. As long as your skaters stay strong, you've got it.

But that's me.

Dobber Sports Stud

Varlamov is a must start in all games right now. He has only posted below .900 once in the past 12 games and below .929 only twice in the past 12. Crazy numbers. You have to roll with him while he is hot.

Bryz is 8-1-1 last 10 games with only two games below .900 during that stretch. 8 games with over .935. I'll start them both and feel pretty comfortable doing so.

Justin Goldman feels the same way too http://thegoalieguild.com/sgri/

My opinion, you're winning the matchup with your skaters, and you probably have SV% and GAA locked up right now (although you never know with Lundqvist, but .933 will be hard to beat, or for you to improve on). Chances are neither of you hit a shutout, and he already has the lead in wins. Looks to me like you have a chance to lose 2 categories or gain in 1.

I would bench your goalies rest of the week unless you get into a situation where you need to play catchup. As long as your skaters stay strong, you've got it.

But that's me.
    I agree with this too. By starting your goalies, you risk losing GAA and sv% but get a chance to gain W. By sitting your goalies, you only risky losing your sv% as I dont think they will catch you with GAA. There is more risk involved with starting your goalies. To be safe, I think you can afford to sit your goalies. But if you want to start them, I'd be comfortable starting both of them for the W.
    Last edited by khiyasu; March 22, 2012 at 5:11 PM.
    8 Team Yahoo Weekly H2H (1yr)
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN, 3IR
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, L, GA, GAA, SV, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Eric Staal, Getzlaf, Ribeiro
    LW: Lupul (LW,RW), Hartnell, Elias (C,LW), Cammalleri (C,LW), Ott (C,LW)
    RW: Malkin (C,RW), Backes (C,RW), Seguin (C,RW), Callahan
    D: Pietrangelo, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Bouwmeester, Streit, Burns (D,RW), Wisniewski
    G: Rask, Backstrom, Bobrovsky
    IR: Spezza (C), Oshie (C,RW)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Oh man...I had been in the benching camp originally, happy to see I wasn't completely off base. I suppose I still have a significant decision to make perhaps? I'll mull this decision over until the deadline - thanks again guys

edit: this might be the greatest head-scratcher of the season haha
    Last edited by Mike_8080; March 22, 2012 at 6:02 PM.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Ballsakic View Post
    I hope you got this