Thread: Start Schneider? Tactical playoff decision...

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Start Schneider? Tactical playoff decision...

So I have all my starts done for the week and I'm sitting confortably with a 1.31GAA and ,951SV% but only 2 wins and no SO.

My opponent has only had one start with Rinne... 8.79, ,571 but he still has the opportunity to have 5 starts between Rinne, Backstrom and Macdonald.

I'm leaning on benching Schneider and keep the NYR vs TO option should my opponent get his win tonight with Rinne...

What would you guys do?

Schedule
    Me:
    Schneider: Dal, Col (but I figure tonight will be his last start of the week)
    Lundqvist (Biron) : Buf, Tor

Opponent:
    Rinne : Pitt, Wpg, Chi
    Backstrom: Buf, Was
    Mac: Car
    Daily Yahoo! H2H
    12 teams - 20 players - Keep 10

G / A / PPA / PPG / +- / GWG / SH / SOG
    W / SV% / GAA / SO

The Blades of Steel
    C: Backstrom. Schenn[W]. Miller[W]. Namestnikov[W].
    W: Benn[C]. Kreider. JVR. Atkinson. Neal. Teravainen[C]. Jenner[C]. Vrana. Gallagher
    D: OEL. Burns. Pietrangelo. Yandle.
    G: Andersen. Lundqvist. Markstrom.

Min. 4 starts in goal / week
    Start 3C - 4W - 4D - 1Util - 2G

Dobber Sports Immortal

Im doubting Rinne starts both of the B2B coming up so that eliminates one for him.

That being said I wouldn't balk at Biron as an option against whoever he plays, and considering the Rangers are tops in the East I think he's a good play in either game.

So I would sit Schneider against a hot Stars team, especially since Henrik has stopped assisting and Daniel is out.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Forest View Post
    So I have all my starts done for the week and I'm sitting confortably with a 1.31GAA and ,951SV% but only 2 wins and no SO.

My opponent has only had one start with Rinne... 8.79, ,571 but he still has the opportunity to have 5 starts between Rinne, Backstrom and Macdonald.

I'm leaning on benching Schneider and keep the NYR vs TO option should my opponent get his win tonight with Rinne...

What would you guys do?

Schedule
    Me:
    Schneider: Dal, Col (but I figure tonight will be his last start of the week)
    Lundqvist (Biron) : Buf, Tor

Opponent:
    Rinne : Pitt, Wpg, Chi
    Backstrom: Buf, Was
    Mac: Car
    I'm in kinda sorta a similar situation....wanted to pick up Schnieder tonight to get an extra win... not sure its a good move with Dallas lighting the lamp last game, and only half the Sedins playing....I'll have to rely on Lundy vs BUF or TOR (should be W's)...and Howard vs CAR on Sat...but even the Canes worry me vs a damaged Wings team

Yahoo 12-man, H2H weekly, single yr, no keepers, 3-gm goalie min, 4 waivers/wk
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPP, SOG, FW, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SV%

C: Getzlaf, Brassard, Gordon
    LW: Couture (C), Nash (RW), Cammalleri (C), Palat
    RW: Ovechkin, Wheeler, Burns (D)
    D: Pietrangelo, Giordano, Gudas, Beauchemin
    G: Varlamov, Mason

IR slot: Letang