Thread: Wedgewood or Kinkaid can only keep one

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Wedgewood or Kinkaid can only keep one

My propects at goalie need to go down by one....so it is either I keep KINKAID OR WEDGEWOOD....both have a shot at NJD but who kinows.....what do you think? Normal goalie points in this h2h league W/SV/SV%/SO/GA

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by SharkMeat View Post
    My propects at goalie need to go down by one....so it is either I keep KINKAID OR WEDGEWOOD....both have a shot at NJD but who kinows.....what do you think? Normal goalie points in this h2h league W/SV/SV%/SO/GA
    One team in our pool also has Kinkaid. I'd be curious to see the answer!

The Magnificent One

This is a great question and I really don't have the answer for you. Wedgewood was recently signed to an elc so that bodes well for him. But when Marty got hurt earlier in the season they called up kinkaid. So yeah very confusing. They also have frazee who was talked as the next guy before he got hurt last yr, which almost ended his career before it started.

I am leaning to kinkaid being the guy but not sure. I say that bc if they were set with wedgewood why did they sign kinkaid this offseason. I also believe kinkaid lasted longer Over the summer than wedgewood did. I know it's also good to have options so that's why kinkaid was signed but it does raise the question.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Administrator

I'd go Kinkaid. He's older and thus farther along in his development. IMO he'll be the first to get an opportunity and we all know opportunity is a big part of the battle.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Goalies are a tough one to call because they can take longer to develop.

Kinkaid is further along development wise and is 3 years older. He took a different route to pro hockey and took the US College route, so you can even compare them that way. He hasnt had a great year in the AHL (36gp 15-16-3), but its still the AHL and he is gaining experience in his first season playing pro.

Wedgewood probably comes with a better pedigree because of the World Jr exposure but that doesnt make him any better a bet to play long term in Jersey.

I guess it depends on how quick you are looking for stats and if you have time to hold them in your minors and let them stew. If you can wait, I would probably go with Wedgewood, only because I think he will need more time to develop but will be a better prospect. Kinkaid will more then likely get his shot quicker, but like I said, theres no guarantees.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Goalies are a tough one to call because they can take longer to develop.

Kinkaid is further along development wise and is 3 years older. He took a different route to pro hockey and took the US College route, so you can even compare them that way. He hasnt had a great year in the AHL (36gp 15-16-3), but its still the AHL and he is gaining experience in his first season playing pro.

Wedgewood probably comes with a better pedigree because of the World Jr exposure but that doesnt make him any better a bet to play long term in Jersey.

I guess it depends on how quick you are looking for stats and if you have time to hold them in your minors and let them stew. If you can wait, I would probably go with Wedgewood, only because I think he will need more time to develop but will be a better prospect. Kinkaid will more then likely get his shot quicker, but like I said, theres no guarantees.
    Generally time is my main issue with goalies. It's just not worth it. I much prefer investing in a star in the AHL rather than the sexy pick from the latest NHL entry draft.

My best example is Jacob Markstrom. He was drafted in 2008, and as of today he has 8 career NHL games under his belt. Four years into his development and he is still not a fantasy factor.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust