Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: D. Sedin

The Great One

big deal it's not like sedin was actually producing lately!

Dobber Sports Guru

Wow wasn't watching the game so I didn't see the previous shot on Keith mentioned above but that was brutal. Yes Doan got three but at least the puck was there! if I'm not mistaken Sedin never even comes close to touching that puck as it kicks off the boards and into the air. I'm saying 5+. If Sedin is injured it will factor into the decision as well.
    Last edited by wendelclark17; March 21, 2012 at 10:59 PM.

Dobber Sports Star

Keith first offender, I say maybe 2 and a fine.
    Injury or non injury are both considered the same according to B Shanny.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ballsakic View Post
    Keith first offender, I say maybe 2 and a fine.
    Don't think so. Shanahan always mentions whether or not there was an injury. I don't think it should matter, but there's influence there.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Guru

I can't say I agree there. In almost all his suspension videos when he lists the factors he mentions whether or not there was an injury on the play. Also the fact that Sedin never touched the puck should play a part.

Edit: TK is faster than my slow ass

Dobber Sports Wizard

Wow... I have Sedin and Keith... an injury AND a suspension will kill me.
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Star

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=60&id=166520

Here Shanny's explanation. I guess it's hard to tell if he feel injury or non injury means the same.
    So I cant say for sure.
    Last edited by Ballsakic; March 21, 2012 at 11:13 PM.

Dobber Sports Guru

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=60&id=166520

Here Shanny's explanation. I guess it's hard to tell if he feel injury or non injury means the same.
    So I cant say for sure.
    The actual rule states it doesn't matter (penalty wise) but at the end he clearly states that there was no injury on the play as a factor. It's somewhat confusing but basically the rule exists for the policing of the game so has to cover all circumstances, hence the injury or no injury language, but Shanny has been taking into consideration injuries when deciding suspension severity.
    Last edited by wendelclark17; March 21, 2012 at 11:20 PM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

These are the kind of hits Shanny needs to get rid of. Throw the book at him. 5 games minimum but more would send a message

Shanny's suspensions have been getting a little Colin Campbell like these days.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by wendelclark17 View Post
    The actual rule states it doesn't matter (penalty wise) but at the end he clearly states that there was no injury on the play. It's somewhat confusing but basically the rule exists for the policing of the game so has to cover all circumstances, hence the injury or no injury language, but Shanny has been taking into consideration injuries when deciding suspension severity.
    Yeah it seems that way. Now I understand the confusion penalizing these guys.

Dobber Sports Master

I also think this is worse than the standard 'chicken wing' elbow... it really looks like Keith leads with the point of his elbow. That's how you really hurt folks.

Apparently (according to Henrik) Keith said he was going to 'get' Daniel after Daniel hit him... good thing there's an instigator rule or else Daniel might have been forced to defend himself... this way is much better.
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    These are the kind of hits Shanny needs to get rid of. Throw the book at him. 5 games minimum but more would send a message

Shanny's suspensions have been getting a little Colin Campbell like these days.
    Well, keep in mind what time of the year it is. 1 game=2 games. In the example of Doan, his suspension could ultimately cost the Coyotes a playoff spot. With the red hot Avalanche, the talented Sharks, and the first-place Blues all coming up, the 'Yotes could walk out with 0 points. If this wasn't March, Doan would be gone for 5 easily IMO.

In Keith's case, their spot is secured, and can potentially go up to the 4 spot (not that they should want to haha). Maybe he does get 5.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Star

Quote from Keith
    "Right at the last second, he moves forward and I don't know where the puck is. It's fast. I hope he's OK."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by TK12555 View Post
    Well, keep in mind what time of the year it is. 1 game=2 games. In the example of Doan, his suspension could ultimately cost the Coyotes a playoff spot. With the red hot Avalanche, the talented Sharks, and the first-place Blues all coming up, the 'Yotes could walk out with 0 points. If this wasn't March, Doan would be gone for 5 easily IMO.

In Keith's case, their spot is secured, and can potentially go up to the 4 spot (not that they should want to haha). Maybe he does get 5.
    Trust me, I understand what time of the year is. Suspensions shouldn't change just because a team is close to making the playoffs. 2 points in October are worth the same as two points in March/April.

I've never agreed with using that as an excuse.

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Youngblood View Post
    Trust me, I understand what time of the year is. Suspensions shouldn't change just because a team is close to making the playoffs. 2 points in October are worth the same as two points in March/April.

I've never agreed with using that as an excuse.
    I understand, but in the eyes of the general fan, suspending a guy with 10 games left looks so much more grave than with 50 games left.