Thread: Drop Ben Bishop now?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Drop Ben Bishop now?

Let me give full details.

I am in a 10 team H2H league that tracks W, SV%, GAA and shots where my other goalies are Mike Smith, Tim Thomas and Ilya Bryzgalov. I looked at the schedule this week and Ottawa only has two games - both of which are on days where my other goalies also have games. I can only start 2 goalies each day and Bishop would be the 3rd or 4th goalie to have a game that day. Given that Anderson is on the verge of returning and Ottawa is going to want to get him back in game shape for the playoffs, I highly doubt Bishop will get much playing time going forward.

Thoughts and thanks in advance.

Administrator

It really depends on the full details. By the sounds of it this either is a one-year league or a setting where you don't have future ties to Bishop. If you drop him it has to be worth your troubles. Don't just drop him because he has a weaker schedule this week. If there's a good roster player available that can make a big difference, then by all means go for it.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Quote Originally Posted by anthonybeaty View Post
    Given that Anderson is on the verge of returning and Ottawa is going to want to get him back in game shape for the playoffs, I highly doubt Bishop will get much playing time going forward.

Thoughts and thanks in advance.

Bishop might get the odd start here and there or for back to back games,but for the most part he will be riding the pine...and not worth a regular spot on rosters.

drop him now...I did.

Anderson is just about ready to return.
    <a href=http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=77013&dateline=1323459197 target=_blank>http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/i...ine=1323459197</a>

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It really depends on the full details. By the sounds of it this either is a one-year league or a setting where you don't have future ties to Bishop. If you drop him it has to be worth your troubles. Don't just drop him because he has a weaker schedule this week. If there's a good roster player available that can make a big difference, then by all means go for it.
    Thanks for the response. The league is a 3 player keeper league (only 1 goalie keeper) and the rest of the team is redrafted every year. Bishop would never be my goalie keeper so he has no keeper value to me.

At that point his value is entirely based on how he can help me in my playoffs. To me Bishop is not going to provide me any value this week and every week that goes by means that he will get fewer and fewer starts in prep for the playoffs where Anderson will be the man.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Yes drop him, Anderson hasn't stopped practicing in full gear since the injury and should be sharp when he returns. Sens will definitely ride Anderson all the way into the postseason.
    10-team - 1yr, h2h Yahoo! - 2 Waiver pickups/week
    G,A,+/-,Hits,PPP,SOG,W,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily starts: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2 UTIL, 2G, 6BE

C: B.Richards, Grabovski, MacKinnon, Kesler
    LW: Vanek(RW), Pacioretty,
    RW: Ovechkin, Iginla, Wheeler, Okposo, Neil
    D: Letang, Green, Phaneuf
    G: Crawford, Price, Pavelec
    IR: R. Nash

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by bromleyhockey View Post
    Bishop might get the odd start here and there or for back to back games,but for the most part he will be riding the pine...and not worth a regular spot on rosters.

drop him now...I did.

Anderson is just about ready to return.
    Yup - I agree with this - just wanted to see if anyone thought I was nuts or missing something.

To me this is especially true since the starts he has this week are so in line with my other goalies.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Did I jump the gun on Bishop. I didn't expect to play him this week because of how he matched up with my other goalies, but I also expected Anderson to be back by now.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by anthonybeaty View Post
    Did I jump the gun on Bishop. I didn't expect to play him this week because of how he matched up with my other goalies, but I also expected Anderson to be back by now.
    Anderson is the confirmed starter for tomorrow night in Montreal.

Coach MacLean also said that Anderson will play as much as he can when he returns. 8 games remaining for Ottawa with 2 sets of back-to-backs with 2 stretches of 3 games in 4 nights.

Bishop will get 1 more game...maybe 2, but I doubt it.