Thread: Neuvrith or Bishop?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Neuvrith or Bishop?

Wondering if I should swap Bishop for Neuvrith to guarantee the rest of Washington's starts in the playoffs of my fantasy season, or if I should hold into Bishop as he has been good and Anderson isn't starting in the near future.

The other possible pro in adding Neuvrith is that he could be the fulltime starter in Washington next year if Vokoun leaves.

Thoughts?
    10-Team Non-salaried H2H Keeper, 20 Players Each, Keeping 10
    13 active (3 C, 5 W, 3 D, 2 G, 2 Util) / 7 reserve
    Player Stats: G, A, P, PPP, HIT, BLCK, SHP, SOG
    Goalie Stats: W, GAA, SAVE%, SO, Saves

C: Barkov, Schiefele, Tavares, Trocheck
    W: Kucherov, Panarin, Gaudreau, Huberdeau, Wilson, Hall, Keller, Kubalik, Toffoli, Hathaway
    D: Sergachev, Doughty, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy, Markstrom, Francouz

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm not sure how many more starts you can squeeze out of Bishop. Lehner will get called up and play one of the games on Friday against Montreal or Saturday against Toronto. I'm guessing Anderson is going to miss the Sens next 6 games and will be ready for the March 31st or April 1st back-to-back. Out of those 6 games, Bishop may only play 4 because of the congestion of them.

All this is a guess, but Anderson is making strides everyday in his recovery and once he gets into team practices (very soon, he watched on the ice yesterday, haha), timelines for his official return date will become more clear.

So there you have it, Bishop will play 4 more in my mind. If you think Neuvirth is more of a sure thing and will be Washington's guy the rest of the way, that is your call. I don't know enough about Washington to help you on that front.

Dobber Sports Novice

Default go with neuvirth

i'd go with Neuvirth just because washington wants this guy ready for the playoffs so he will get more starts then bishop
    salming,simply the best.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Have in mind I own Vokoun so this would just secure starts for Washington down the stretch.

W: Kucherov, Panarin, Gaudreau, Huberdeau, Wilson, Hall, Keller, Kubalik, Toffoli, Hathaway

Dobber Sports Immortal

I would make the drop and pick up Neuvirth, reasong being I feel like you will run into a lot of jams in your goalie slots when you have more than two playing on a particular night. By making the move, Neuvirth and Vokoun essentially count as one starter and then you also have Ward, Price and the increasing starts from Ray Emery. Should be enough in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Made the drop. Bishop is playing great but this helps guarantee more saves. Hoping Vokoun goes elsewhere and Neuvrith sticks around as Washington's #1!

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by garethbush View Post
    Made the drop. Bishop is playing great but this helps guarantee more saves. Hoping Vokoun goes elsewhere and Neuvrith sticks around as Washington's #1!
    I wanted to come back and give you the most recent update on Bishop (looking like a good decision to drop Bishop BTW).

Craig Anderson took full practice today and apparently looked sharp and comfortable according to the world of Twitter.

Paul MacLean said that he doubts Anderson will play Saturday, but said that he is close.

Another quote by MacLean, which doesn't really give any hint towards the return date, but does speak to how busy they want Anderson to be when he returns, is, "Of the 11 games left we'd like him to play as many as he can."

Those fantasy managers that are getting some extra starts because of Bishop, might want to look at other options for March 20th and beyond, maybe March 23rd at the latest. So maybe another 2, 3, 4, no more than 5 starts for Bishop this season.