Thread: Anderson next year wrt Bishop

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Anderson next year wrt Bishop

If Ben Bishop keeps playing at the level he is right now, how do you think that will affect Anderson next year? Split starts? Chance to steal the starting job?

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think Anderson still gets the majority of the starts but Bishop could get 25-30 appearances if he keeps this up.
    10-Team Non-salaried H2H Keeper, 20 Players Each, Keeping 10
    13 active (3 C, 5 W, 3 D, 2 G, 2 Util) / 7 reserve
    Player Stats: G, A, P, PPP, HIT, BLCK, SHP, SOG
    Goalie Stats: W, GAA, SAVE%, SO, Saves

C: Barkov, Schiefele, Tavares, Trocheck
    W: Kucherov, Panarin, Gaudreau, Huberdeau, Wilson, Hall, Keller, Kubalik, Toffoli, Hathaway
    D: Sergachev, Doughty, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy, Markstrom, Francouz

Dobber Sports Deity

I have no doubt that Anderson is still the bonafide #1 in Ottawa, for the time being. I think the acquisition of Bishop has set the Sens up for a nice little 1-2 punch in Bishop/Lehner for years to come. I would be more worried about who starts between those 2 for the upcoming years then I would including Anderson.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

I think we are beyond the question of "if" Bishop will continue to perform at this level. I realize, he doesn't have the NHL games yet to be considered a sure thing, but he has become a true professional and made himself NHL-ready with his professionalism in the AHL. Bishop is mature, has posted consistent numbers and by most scouts standards, is here to stay.

If Anderson and Bishop are healthy all season and offer us the same production as this season, you can expect 50-55 games for Anderson and around 30ish for Bishop. I good model to follow would be St. Louis this season as far as games played, without the extended streaks of games played that Halak and Elliott have been getting though. I think it will be more of a rotation.

Auld has done nothing to push Anderson to be a better goalie this season, Bishop will keep Anderson at his best next in my opinion.

Lehner just needs to be prepared to spend 1 more year in the AHL. After the 2012-13 season, a very tough decision will have to be made between all 3 goalies.

Dobber Sports Veteran

One of Andy, Bish or Lehner will be gone within a year. They've got a logjam in net and other teams have a need there so...
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    One of Andy, Bish or Lehner will be gone within a year. They've got a logjam in net and other teams have a need there so...
    Yep I wouldn't be surprised to see Bishop sent out over the summer or early next season. Most will agree that Lehner has more potential and he's definitely done his time in the AHL. Anderson has been their workhorse this year and I don't think they can ship him out based off of (if Bishop starts the remainder and plays well) 20 good starts from a rookie.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I think Anderson gets 50-55 starts next year. The following year, i think he's no mas.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury