Thread: Turco!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Exclamation Turco!

... and to think some people were suggesting the Leafs should pick up this 'wily vet' to bring some solidity to the goaltending core. Sort of like building your foundation on a major fault line

Too bad one of my opponents in our Fantasy League dropped Turco after using him as a handcuff with Thomas when Tuukku went down.(The handcuff turned into a heavy lead weight in the first few minutes of Turco's debut game.) I was sort of hoping he would show him some playing time next week when the playoffs arrive

I could have told you that Turco was next to useless when he played for Chicago part of the previous season. How come these Hockey expert GM's can't see the forest for the trees. I'm sure there are hundreds of aspiring goalie alternatives out there that would have given the Bruins a much better experience.

Any other goalies on the wire that might see some playing time the last three weeks of the season (not named Turco ... or Roloson for that matter)?
    Last edited by the_slaves; March 14, 2012 at 6:04 PM.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Welcome to the boards.

I just have to laugh because the 1st place team in one of my pools has been streaming players a lot all season, and decided to bench his two mainstays for the entire year (Niemi and Ward), and picked up Turco around 6pm last night. Love it.

Hard to tell who would be available in your league, but my first guess would be Tokarski or Bishop?