Thread: Playoff Run- Crawford stay or go?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Playoff Run- Crawford stay or go?

Getting ready for my head-2-head playoffs which start next week and debating what to do in net. Crawford has been brutal all year and now it looks like he may have given Emery the starter's job for the rest of the season. Emery has started 5 in a row and even when he gave up 5 to St. Louis he was back in the next game.

I picked up Varlamov about 2 weeks ago and he's been a short term savior, he's really hot and has started 6 out of the last 7. Also have Price whose been up and down and lives and dies by Montreal's defence or lack thereof.

Options to replace Crawford include:
    Schneider- also playing great he's started everyother game in the last 6.
    Ben Bishop -3 straight good games for Ottawa.

Seems like a no brainer drop Crawford for Schneider as they will likely get a similar number of starts down the stretch. Thoughts?
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Immortal

I would drop Crawford for Bishop until Anderson is back. The Sens have a double header this week against Montreal, and then play Toronto on Saturday (in the second half of a double header again!!).

Once Anderson is back then Id go with Schneider.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I am having the same dilemma. I am lucky enought to have a bye week one of your playoffs though, so I'm going to take the week to assess the sutuation in Chicago before proceeding. My other two goalies are Lundy and Ward, so I'm actually thinking of just rolling with 2 goalies (depending on who I am facing) and freeing up a spot for Crosby when he comes off IR.
    10 team, head-to-head, multi-cat, keep-12 keeper league. CATS: G,A,+/-,PPP,PIM,SOG,HITS BS,SHP, W,SV,SV%,GAA,SO Daily rosters of 6F, 4D, 2 Flex, 2G

F: Crosby, Hall, Pacioretty, Hartnell, Neal, Nugent-Hopkins, Callahan, Dubinsky, Hossa, Huberdeau, Abdelkader, Bjugstad (IR)
    D: Karlsson, Hedman, Muzzin, Savard, Streit (IR)
    G: Lundqvist, Quick, Condon