Thread: Keeper Option: Halak or Lehtonen?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thumbs up Keeper Option: Halak or Lehtonen?

Ok folks, i am in a h2h league and once the offseason comes, i have a verbal agreement from another manager that i have the choice of either halak or lehtonen to be my keeper in goal. The guy said i can have whichever one i want. Either goalie would be an immense improvment over what i have now(vokoun/gustafson).

The goalie cats in this league are W, GAA, Saves, SV% and SO. Before you tell me i'm stupid for even contemplating this...lol i do think it seems obvious who i should pick, that being halak. Both guys have pros and cons. Lehtonen gets more starts, therefore more chances at wins, lower GAA, SV% and much less SO's. Halak has better SV%, GAA and SO's, but fewer chances to get wins. So again i'm thinking halak, just wanted some input from everyone as to if i'm right or wrong in this instance.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by BigT1981 View Post
    Ok folks, i am in a h2h league and once the offseason comes, i have a verbal agreement from another manager that i have the choice of either halak or lehtonen to be my keeper in goal. The guy said i can have whichever one i want. Either goalie would be an immense improvment over what i have now(vokoun/gustafson).

The goalie cats in this league are W, GAA, Saves, SV% and SO. Before you tell me i'm stupid for even contemplating this...lol i do think it seems obvious who i should pick, that being halak. Both guys have pros and cons. Lehtonen gets more starts, therefore more chances at wins, lower GAA, SV% and much less SO's. Halak has better SV%, GAA and SO's, but fewer chances to get wins. So again i'm thinking halak, just wanted some input from everyone as to if i'm right or wrong in this instance.
    Welcome to the boards. I think you definately have to keep Halak, especially with those goalie categories. Halak is a stud in those four categories and he is the go to man in St. Louis. I am definately expecting Halak to get a lot more starts next season than he got this season.

*edit* - you gotta be careful with those verbal agreements they dont always pan out as I have come to notice first hand
    12 Team H2H Points 1 Year League
    Positions: 2C, 2RW, 2 LW, 4 D, 2 Util, 2 G, 4 Bench
    PLAYER: G 6, A 4, (+/-) 2. PPP 2, SOG .9, Blk 1
    GOALIE: W 5, GA -3, SV .6, SO 5

Dobber Sports Ninja

Go with Halak, he will get more starts next season.

Dobber Sports Genius

With Hitchcock in St.Louis, give me Halak !

Dobber Sports Prodigy

make it unanimous - Halak and StL are looking like a force to be reckoned with, their time is coming, it may even be now?

Dobber Sports Genius

Chalk up another for Halak. Wish I could steal this kid now that Hitchcock is there. Can't believe this team jumped up all the way to number 1.
    Sites: www.twitter.com/tsgraveline tsgraveline.blogspot.com thesharkremarks.blogspot.com

Team 1:10 Multi-Cat Roto league

C- Malkin,Giroux,Thornton Galchenyuk, Schenn, Berglund, Eller
    LW- Hall,Ovechkin, E.Kane Saad
    RW- Seguin, Stewart, PAP
    D- Subban,Phaneuf Keith, OEL, Hedman,
    G- Pavelec,Hiller Lindback, Theodore, Lehner

Team 2:24 H2H League Multi-Cat

C- Weiss, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Vitale
    LW- Parise, Bailey, Torres, King, Bissonnette
    RW- Ovechkin, Clowe, Asham, Gagner
    D- Boyle, Klesla, Souray, Hjalmarsson, Niskanen, Hickey, Lovejoy, Potter
    G-Holtby, Halak

Dobber Sports Ace

Halak. he is worth the coin now.
    10 Team Yahoo Roto League - H2H, weekly changes - $100 WW budget - 75 remaining
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, Sv%, SOot

C - Getzlaf, E.Staal
    LW - Parise (RW), Benn
    RW - Giroux (C), Radulov
    D - Striet, Pietrangelo
    Util - Backes, Riberio, Malone
    G - Halak (Elliot), Rinne, Bryz
    Bench - M.Koivu, Kane (C)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanx to everyone for their input, i really appreciate it. So it looks like halak it is. I think i knew that all along i guess i just wanted confirmation. I think he is as good an option in goalie as any in the entire league, and with how my h2h league is set up he can be extremely valuable and maybe even help me to a championship next year.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanx for the input from everyone. I think i knew halak was the option to go with i just needed so second and thrid opinions...lol thanx again!!