Thread: Which goalie to keep

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Which goalie to keep

I'm in a 20-person league. We get to keep one goalie. All three of my goalies are backups (I took over this team from a departing and frustrated manager). Categories are games started, save %, shutouts and wins, and therefore are strongly biased towards goalies that take on a ton of games. Which one would you keep out of Rask, Schneider and Dubnyk for next year? (i'm hoping to put the other two on the trading block)

thanks!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default depends

if you can decide after the draft and Schnieder get traded I`d keep him if not Rask would be my choice.................

Dobber Sports Stud

The way I see it, I would keep Rask. Sure, Schneider may be traded away to become the starting goalie but what if he gets traded to a weaker team? He may still post solid numbers but may hurt in the Win Loss department.

Your best bet, IMO, is Rask. He will be the eventual starter at Boston soon and Boston is a really good team that plays good defense. He should be the safer bet for good numbers across the board.
    8 Team Yahoo Weekly H2H (1yr)
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN, 3IR
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, L, GA, GAA, SV, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Eric Staal, Getzlaf, Ribeiro
    LW: Lupul (LW,RW), Hartnell, Elias (C,LW), Cammalleri (C,LW), Ott (C,LW)
    RW: Malkin (C,RW), Backes (C,RW), Seguin (C,RW), Callahan
    D: Pietrangelo, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Bouwmeester, Streit, Burns (D,RW), Wisniewski
    G: Rask, Backstrom, Bobrovsky
    IR: Spezza (C), Oshie (C,RW)

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks to both. I was leaning towards Rask as well, hoping that he will take at least half of the load next year. Schneider might be as good of a goalie, but if he ends up in Columbus (ie.), his numbers will be mediocre. Not sure about Dubnyk. Edmonton should be a good team next year, no?
    Anyways, thanks.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by TheWherewithal View Post
    Thanks to both. I was leaning towards Rask as well, hoping that he will take at least half of the load next year. Schneider might be as good of a goalie, but if he ends up in Columbus (ie.), his numbers will be mediocre. Not sure about Dubnyk. Edmonton should be a good team next year, no?
    Anyways, thanks.
    Edmonton will be decent next year but Boston will be good for a while. With those options for goalies, i wouldn't mind waiting another 1 or 2 years for Rask to take over.
    8 Team Yahoo Weekly H2H (1yr)
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 1Util, 2G, 4BN, 3IR
    G, A, +/-, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, L, GA, GAA, SV, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Tavares, Eric Staal, Getzlaf, Ribeiro
    LW: Lupul (LW,RW), Hartnell, Elias (C,LW), Cammalleri (C,LW), Ott (C,LW)
    RW: Malkin (C,RW), Backes (C,RW), Seguin (C,RW), Callahan
    D: Pietrangelo, Ekman-Larsson, Subban, Bouwmeester, Streit, Burns (D,RW), Wisniewski
    G: Rask, Backstrom, Bobrovsky
    IR: Spezza (C), Oshie (C,RW)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

R.A.S.K.
    You'll have to sit through one more tough year of half-starts... but 2013-2014 will be a fun year for you.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by khiyasu View Post
    The way I see it, I would keep Rask. Sure, Schneider may be traded away to become the starting goalie but what if he gets traded to a weaker team? He may still post solid numbers but may hurt in the Win Loss department.

Your best bet, IMO, is Rask. He will be the eventual starter at Boston soon and Boston is a really good team that plays good defense. He should be the safer bet for good numbers across the board.
    ^ These ar my thoughts as well. Dub is clearly not in in Schneider or Rask's league. Besides Rask having the known situation in Bos, which will be hard for Schneider to beat elsewhere. It probably doesn't mean much in this case, but Rask is also the slightly younger of the two. He turns 25 this Saturday (Mar 10). Schneider turns 26 on Mar 18th.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury