Thread: Lost Rask, who would you add as a replacement?

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Lost Rask, who would you add as a replacement?

Head-to-head goalie categories: W, GAA, SV%, SHO; Need 3 games played to qualify.
    My two current goalies are: Lundqvist + Rask

My strategy for the year was play Tuukka in his 1 game per week that he gets, and then roll Lundqvist 2-3 times he plays in a week. This has been working great for me all year, and I've been almost impossible to beat in GAA/SV% on a weekly basis.

But, now that Rask is out for the foreseeable future I need to add another goalie.

Here is a list of all the noteworthy goalie FA's in my pool. Who would you add to go alongside Lundy?
    Lehner
    Emery
    S.Mason
    Gustavsson
    Biron
    Garon
    Khabibulin
    Bernier

My gut is telling me Lehner, Emery, or Garon as they've been hot.
    But, I'm also thinking the Leafs will ride Gustavsson down the stretch.
    In keeping with my other strategy, Bernier makes for an interesting add as well as the starts he gets are top-quality, similar to Rask, but the problem is he doesn't play once per week, and I could see the Kings riding Quick down the stretch to get in, so with him I was thinking of just waiting for when he's the announced started or Kings B2B games, and then add him for those as a spot start as opposed to wasting a roster spot on him.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by PocketRockets05; March 5, 2012 at 11:50 AM.
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Immortal

I think it's a two horse race between Emery and Lehner with both having obvious risks. Emery always just seems to go on runs like this, and is especially aided by Crawford's inconsistency. We also know that Bishop is bound to get a start as soon as next game with Lehner's two straight losses.

That being said.......I'd go with Lehner because of their upcoming schedules.

Lehner: Tb, NYR, Buf, Mon, Mon, Tor

Emery: StL, NYR, LA, StL, Dal, Was,

Dobber Sports Ninja

I would gamble on Gusty... he's higher risk but high reward as well.

The new coaching change may trigger a turnaround and a late-season playoff push for the Leafs, and Gusty's off to a good start with a solid win over the Habs this weekend.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd take Emery for the rest of the fantasy season. Crawford has been abysmal and the chances that he actually starts more than a few games during the rest of the season are minimal.

Emery has won 3 of his last 5 games and only let 5 goals in total. He has a habit of going on hot streaks like this and one of his streaks could win a hockey pool when it happens this late in the season.