Thread: Rask or Schneider

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Rask or Schneider

For next year and beyond.. Who has be best shot at being a starter?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Both are great. Rask's situation is better and I think he's a slightly better goalie.

+1 Rask.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Shot at being a starter next year? Probably Schneider
    As Rask will probably split next year still with Thomas.

Though I think beyond Rask will be in a better position
    14 team H2H Partial Keeper 23/24 - Season 14
    Keep: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2D, 1G and 1 Wild
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - Trochek, Malkin, Scheifele, Seguin, Novak
    LW - J Robertson, M.Tkachuk, Barbashev, Sherwood
    RW - Kirill Kaprizov, Tippett, Evangelista, McBain
    D - Bouchard, K Miller, Valimaki, Forsling, Chabot
    G - Sorokin, Copley
    IR - Thompson, Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Novice

I gotta give one to Schneider. First of all, everyone is going for Rask so you wont get him cheap (if you dont already have him). Schneider is better than Bobby Lu... I'm not so sure Rask is better than Thomas (yet). Schneider plays on a more even keel if you ask me and doesn't put up those stinkers Rask does on occasion. Rask is so cocky one bad goal sets him off... this is just my opinion of course but I'd fly under the radar and grab Schneider.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Being from Vancouver, I have seen more of Schneider and am definitely more biased. From what I have seen, Schneider has the ability to be Rinne-like in numbers but whether he'll live up to that is a totally different question.

Rask, the times I have seen him he has been either amazing or subpar. Don't feel like Rask has been given enough ice time to fully mature into his game and develop enough.

Rask is in a better situation but due to his lack of ice time this season and potentially next season too, I'd take Schneider for the next 2 seasons for sure. Thereafter, I would most likely still take Schneider but if Rask develops as projected, it would be hurt to say no to him. That being said, both choices are a great pick and really can't go wrong with either.
    13 Team Yahoo Daily Points Keeper - 6 Keepers + 1 Rookie Keeper
    G | A | +/- | PIM | PPP | SHP | GWG | SOG
    Wins | Saves | SHO
    2 C | 2 LW | 2 RW | 3 D | 1 Util | 1 G

C - Crosby, Seguin (RW), Forsberg (RW)
    LW - Duchene (C), O'Reilly (C), Boedker
    RW - Hornqvist, Toffoli, Yakupov
    D - Karlsson, Niskanen, Vatanen, Faulk
    G - Anderson, Mason, Stalock

Dobber Sports Novice

I'm not from Vancouver but completely agree. And Rask is done for a while... knee/hip injuries are tough for a goalie, you'll have to see how he comes back from this injury (that looked realllly bad)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

No more Tukka Time 4 Poo Bears.

Im just glad it wasnt Thomas who got hurt or half my fantasy teams would be f*cked.
    <a href=http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=77013&dateline=1323459197 target=_blank>http://www.dobberhockey.com/forums/i...ine=1323459197</a>

Dobber Sports Ace

Schneider's value, in my mind, is dependent on a trade. In a weekly start league only starters are really relevant.

What do you guys think, will the Canucks trade Schneider, or is he a back up for the foreseeable future?

Dobber Sports Novice

I think they trade Lu before they trade Schneider. And I know you guys think I'm crazy but if they could get out of that contract, and pickup some good value in return I think they wouldn't look back.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Mogwaidtd View Post
    I think they trade Lu before they trade Schneider. And I know you guys think I'm crazy but if they could get out of that contract, and pickup some good value in return I think they wouldn't look back.
    But that's really the whole obstacle to trading Luongo, and subsequently the biggest reason why he will likely remain a Canuck for the rest of his career - the contract.

Schneider is gone in the off-season. He's more than earned the right to get a shot at this point, and he's going to be MUCH easier to move than Bobby Lu.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Novice

Very true... but Lu's cap hit of 5.3M is not actually that hard to overcome. Take Tampa Bay for example... in desperate need of a goalie. According to Capgeek TB has $3.6M of cap space. Rolly is currently eating up $3.5M and is a UFA next year. My quick math says this wouldn't be too hard of a move to be honest. Not to mention the cap space they'd free up with whomever they have to give up (Malone, Hedman, etc...). Eh I'm not saying it's a shoe in... but come on who let's Schneider go that easily! Lu is past his prime and Schneider hasn't even hit stride (well hasn't had the opportunity to but has made the best of his situation).

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Mogwaidtd View Post
    Very true... but Lu's cap hit of 5.3M is not actually that hard to overcome. Take Tampa Bay for example... in desperate need of a goalie. According to Capgeek TB has $3.6M of cap space. Rolly is currently eating up $3.5M and is a UFA next year. My quick math says this wouldn't be too hard of a move to be honest. Not to mention the cap space they'd free up with whomever they have to give up (Malone, Hedman, etc...). Eh I'm not saying it's a shoe in... but come on who let's Schneider go that easily! Lu is past his prime and Schneider hasn't even hit stride (well hasn't had the opportunity to but has made the best of his situation).
    I just foresee the situation in the summer not really playing out to make Luongo a desirable target. Gillis is obviously going to be pushing to move Luongo instead (at least how I look at things) but all the phone calls coming in are going to be inquiring about Cory Schneider - that's just the way it is.

To your point on Tampa Bay: I agree that there are teams who could fit in Luongo. His 5+ million isn't a "bad" contract per se, it's just that teams realize Schneider would be much more affordable and have way more prime years ahead of him. I don't think Tampa Bay would really be interested in acquiring Luongo when their championship window may not line up with Lu's quality performance. With Schneider the collective "window" is much larger.

Anything can happen, though. I suppose we'll have to wait and see in the summer.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin