Thread: Holtby

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Holtby

So I just picked him up in consideration as one of my keepers. I am looking to try to win next season if things go well on the no injury front. We keep 23, but I am trying to cut down on any spots going to waste to NA players next season. I am sure the picture might be clearer over the summer on whether Vokoun stays or Neuvirth is given the starter position, but what is the consensus on him getting real NHL time next season? Do you see him at least stepping into the backup role?

10 Team Partial Keeper (6F, 3D, 1G) - Yahoo H2H League
    5 Year Keeper Max
    Positions: 3C,6W,6D,2G,7BN,3IR+,1IR
    Forwards/Defensemen:G=3, A=2, +/-=1, PPP=1, SHP=1, GWG=1, SOG=0.2, FW=0.1, F=-0.1, Hit=0.2, BLK=0.5
    Goalies:W =2 ,GA=-1, SV=0.2, SHO=3
    [C]- A.Matthews, B.Nelson, C.Verhaeghe (C,W), R.McLeod, Y.Sharangovich
    [W]- N.Kucherov, K.Fiala, C.Keller, J.Gaudreau, E.Kane, P.Kane, D.Batherson, T.Wilson, J.Peterka, E.Tolvanen
    [D]- R.Dahlin, K.Letang, D.Nurse, J.Carlson, O.Ekman-Larsson, T.Harley, T.Krug
    [G] T.Demko, V.Vanecek, S.Wedgewood
    [IR] - D.Hamilton, A.Hill

Dobber Sports Deity

Wow, a lot of questions regarding Washingtons goalie situation the past couple days. I will cut and paste what i just typed for someone elses similar question:

I think its fair to say that Washington wont resign Vokoun. His 1 year deal at $1.5M is a great bargain and he will be looking for a raise in the off season. I just dont see Washington being the team to give him what he wants.

Going forward next season, I see them sticking with Neuvirth and bringing Holtby up as a backup who could very easily steal the starting job at some point in the season.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."