Thread: Start Price tonight vs the bolts ?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Start Price tonight vs the bolts ?

Devastated by the Ducks' lost yesterday vs. Avs. Already got killed in all goalie cats with 4.06 GAA and .826 Sav% from Hiller. My opponent got a win from Halak with 1 GAA and .952 Sav%.

Question is should I start Price tonight vs. the highly offensive bolts?
    Should I just start my goalies for all the remaining games this week and try to beat him out in Wins hopefully or spot starting my goalie and try to catch up in GAA and Sav%. Pretty much if Price fail me tonight, I pretty much surrender all 3 goalie cats. And Price hasn't been playing well as of late.

Thanks for your input!
    1 Year League
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

3 Centers:
    Teows, Kopitar,Krejci, Backes(RW)
    3 RWs:
    Perry, Parenteau, Jagr, Hodgson(C)
    3 LWs:
    Kunitz, E.Kane, Fleischimann, Couture(C)
    4 D:
    Byfuglien, Phaneuf, Subban, D. Wideman, White
    2 G:
    Quick, Rask
    IR:
    Kesler, Callahan

Dobber Sports Pro

I'm not a fan of spot-starting. I say start Price and hope for the best. He probably won't get a shutout but a win is a win.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by bbgunner View Post
    Devastated by the Ducks' lost yesterday vs. Avs. Already got killed in all goalie cats with 4.06 GAA and .826 Sav% from Hiller. My opponent got a win from Halak with 1 GAA and .952 Sav%.

Question is should I start Price tonight vs. the highly offensive bolts?
    Should I just start my goalies for all the remaining games this week and try to beat him out in Wins hopefully or spot starting my goalie and try to catch up in GAA and Sav%. Pretty much if Price fail me tonight, I pretty much surrender all 3 goalie cats. And Price hasn't been playing well as of late.

Thanks for your input!
    It's a no-brainer to try at this point. The gap is so huge that you need to salvage what you can. Even the bad teams win pretty often (except Columbus).

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Rep given where I could. Anyone else with opposing thoughts or just start my goalies for the remainder of the week and hope for the best?
    1 Year League
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

3 Centers:
    Teows, Kopitar,Krejci, Backes(RW)
    3 RWs:
    Perry, Parenteau, Jagr, Hodgson(C)
    3 LWs:
    Kunitz, E.Kane, Fleischimann, Couture(C)
    4 D:
    Byfuglien, Phaneuf, Subban, D. Wideman, White
    2 G:
    Quick, Rask
    IR:
    Kesler, Callahan

Dobber Sports Immortal

In your situation Id definitely be starting Price. It's true that Tampa is better at home annnnd Price hasn't played well as of late, but at this point there's really no other option. If you don't start every game then you're risking losing all three categories whereas if you just throw them in you could at least manage to sneak away with wins.

Also, it is only Tuesday and I know it's never good to start off with a bad game but a good game from Price tonight and it's going to help you immensely. Plus, if he sees that you're playing your goalies and you get a win, it will force him to play his which increases the chances of his stats coming down from those lofty totals Halak put up last night.