Thread: 1 Goalie Keeper for next year

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default 1 Goalie Keeper for next year

I play in a redraft, daily pick, head to head league. We score based on 10 stats (4 goalie stats , W, SV%, GAA and Shots - 6 skater stats).

I kept Bryzgalov last year and got Thomas this year with my first round pick. I figured I was set in goal (especially when I got Mike Smith late in the draft). However, it has not panned out that way:

• Bryz has been terrible - very inconsistent.
    • Thomas has been great when he has played. He is getting older and Rask seems to be getting a lot of starts. I tried to get Rask, but the guy who took him has been charging too much for trade.
    • Smith has been great (way above expectations)

My question is who do I keep for next year? I can only keep 1.

I don't see Bryz all of a sudden turning it on next year and becoming the guy he was signed to be - even with Pronger (if he comes back).

Thomas is my favourite, but at best he will continue to split time with Rask and he is not getting any younger. His days could end abruptly

Smith is the dark horse here - he has great percentage stats (short on Wins, but faces an average number of shots). He is also the only game in town in Phoenix. Based on how he has done this year, there doesn't appear to be a need to draft or sign competition so he will likely be as good next year too.

Not keep any goalie. Although this is an option, it is not one that I like. All the other teams will keep one so I will likely need to draft 2 in the first 2 rounds which will really hurt my skating team.

Thoughts.

Dobber Sports Guru

Id still keep Bryz. He is a better goalie than he has showed this season.

I...am your father.

I'd rather have Smith. Thomas loses starts to Rask, Bryz is going to get the wins... but Smith is in the right system
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi