Thread: MacDonald starting tonight

Dobber Sports Immortal

Dobber Sports Stud

How many more starts do you think he will get? 3, 4? Not a lot of B2B left for Detroit so I'm surprised to see him in tonight.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by lektrix View Post
    How many more starts do you think he will get? 3, 4? Not a lot of B2B left for Detroit so I'm surprised to see him in tonight.
    Three straight losses for Howard since he's been back probably has something to do with; not that they were really his fault as he's been stellar, but just looking to mix things up.

I would guess that MacDonald gets between 3-5 more starts before the end of the year. I know there are only three more back to backs but I still think that his play while Howard was out has earned him a couple more.

The thing that worries me is what the quality of those starts will be. Not in terms of who they are playing necessarily but the fact that they will probably ALL be on the road where Detroit just isn't the same team this year. Looking at Ty Conklin's starts before he was sent down, all 10 were on the road.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Anyone else nervous about starting MacDonald? Lidstrom, Datsyuk, and Quincey out. On the road. Columbus always seems to raise their game against Detroit. I dunno, Det will probably win, but I don't think it's a shoe in.

Standard Yahoo 12 team
    G A +/- PPP SOG HIT | W SV% GAA SO

C: Johansen, Duchene, Marchessault
    LW: Ovechkin, B Tkachuk, Parise
    RW: Wheeler, Hoffman, Tuch
    D: Rielly, Edler, Montour, Theodore
    G: Bobrovsky, Hellebuyck, Raanta
    IR: Subban