Thread: 0, 1 or 2 tonight - Smith, Thomas or Bryzgalov

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default 0, 1 or 2 tonight - Smith, Thomas or Bryzgalov

My league is a daily pick, redraft league and we track 4 goalie stats:

W, GAA, SV%, Shots

I have been getting it wrong all year long and keep playing guys who sit for their backup or worse get shelled and kill my week for the percentages. Right now I am on the outside of the playoffs looking in, but am only 9 points out with 3 weeks remaining so I have a good chance to get in.

For me to do that though, I have to get the goalies right over the next 3 weeks. All 3 goalies face tough teams tonight, Ottawa, SJ and Vancouver. I am open to sitting 1, 2, or 3 guys tonight.

I have at most 8 appearances this week while my opponent (Justin Peters, Evgeni Nabokov, Cam Ward, Kari Lehtonen, Craig Anderson) has at most 10.

It seems that I am going to lose the cumulative stats since realistically, Thomas will only get 1 or 2 of his 3 potential starts so I am open to sitting my guys tonight in hopes of winning the percentage stats.

Let me know what you would do.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Your opponent could easily have a train wreck this week for peripherals. I would start the week with 2 goalies at least and give yourself a chance. Thomas for sure against the Andersonless Sens at home. I think Bry and Nabby have equal odds today - but the Sharks are proving beatable and likely would go with Bryz.

You want to play Katie bar the door - just go with Thomas.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks for your post. I have never been one to lay down and die - I will be starting Thomas and Smith - if he beats me so be it...